Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fraisier





Since we had our strawberry patch 15 years ago, I have tried many recipes base on strawberry. And our all time favourite is the Fraisier. A typical French pastry that can be found in any bakery in France. I like to use the French strawberry - Gariguette to make the Fraisier during summer time. It taste simply divine. With a little imagination I've made a Kiwisier too.





Captain Wentworth had no fortune. He had been lucky in his profession; but spending freely, what had come freely, had realized nothing. But he was confident that he should soon be rich: full of life and ardour, he knew that he should soon have a ship, and soon be on a station that would lead to everything  he wanted. He had always been lucky; he knew he should be so still. Such confidence, powerful in its own warmth, and bewitching in the wit which often expressed it, must have been enough for Anne; but Lady Russell saw it very differently. His sanguine temper, and fearlessness of mind, operated very differently on her. She saw in it but an aggravation of the devil. It only added a dangerous character to himself. He was brilliant, he was headstrong. Lady Russell had little taste for wit, and of anything approaching to imprudence a horror. She deprecated the connexion in every light.


Persuasion - Jane Austen (1818)
















6 comments:

  1. I love this!!look amazing like always!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gloria. I luv coffee & I can't wait to try your coffee ice-cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This looks absolutely divine! Cant wait to dig into one. And I love love love the handwritten touch to the recipe. Feels very warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Curious cook.I'm glad that you like my handwritten recipe. They are my personal recipe notes. I hope you be able to read them. Please do excuse if I've forgotten anything in the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy to make and they really look very beautiful and tasty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Eftychia. Glad that you like it. I hope you will try this recipe. thanks for dropping by .

    ReplyDelete