Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pansie & Blueberry Roll.


 I was wondering how to make an ordinary roll look more appealing or for my case more girly. Then my sister gave me the idea of using Pansie flowers . Well, I do love to use flowers in my salads , haven't try any in my cakes yet. I only use them in essence  but never try baking them. I love Pansies in my salads so why not give it a try in a swiss roll with some homemade jams.





I grow my own organic flowers to be sure that no pasticides or fungicides sprayed on them.






"It is impossible that Emma should not miss such a companion," said Mr. Knigthley. "We should not like her so well as we do, sir, if we could suppose it. But she knows how much the marriage is to Miss Taylor's advantage; she knows how very acceptable it must be at Miss Taylor's time of life to be settled in a home of her own, and how important to her to be secure of a comfortable provision, and therefore cannot allow herself to fell so much pain as pleasure. Every friend of Miss Taylor must be glad to have her so happily married."
And you have forgotten one matter of joy to me," said Emma, " and a very considerable one- that I made the match myself. I made the match, you know four years ago; and to have it take place, and be proved in the right, when so many people said Mr. Weston would never marry again, may comfort me for anything."


Emma - Jane Austen ( 1816)


Thank you to my dear sister who gave me this brillant idea . It turn out beautifully & she even made one herself .http://www.desperatehousewife.blogspot.com






5 comments:

  1. It is really really beautiful! I have never seen such a beautiful Genoise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, this is my first time doing this cake with Pansie, & it works well. Even the colour darkens, still you can see clearly those lovely petals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's gorgeous! at first I wasn't even sure it was edible, I thought it was a roll placed in some transparent floral wrapper of sorts. that's amazing!

    oh thanks for dropping by my blog too! for the pancakes, I'm not getting consistent results with it, maybe due to the hydration of my starter etc, so I'm experimenting with it with a mix of other flours as recommended by other local food bloggers! i'll update you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing!!! Im following you dear!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Shu Han, No worries about the pancake. I'll give a try & let you too. I luv to hear from you if you any other flours works better. Anyway I'm your follower now. Merci for visiting my blog.

    Merci Gloria . I'm glad you are my follower, I wann be your follower too.

    ReplyDelete