Friday, October 7, 2011

Orange Poppy Seed Cake




My best friend and I shared the same passion for baking and cooking. And it was him whom initiated me into baking. Thanks to him for telling me time to time again that where there's a will there's a way. He reminded me of Mr. Knightley in Jane Austen 's novel, Emma. Sadly he had passed away 2 years ago of a heart attack at the age of 49. Since then I have not bake this cake or any of his recipes. I believe that time does heal all wounds. Although he's not  with us anymore , our friendship will last forever. I miss you my dear friend.




Flowers

It may not be the same,
But some things never change.
I feel it and I trust it,
I still believe in forever
Because that's what my heart knows.

Memories are the dew drops on our petals.
That re-open the buds that have closed.
Flowers wilt as seasons change,
Though they grow a little more with rain.

The sun will shine when in need,
And left behind , a precious seed.

By H. Barnes






Mr. Knightley, in fact, was one of the few people who could see faults in Emma Woodhouse, and the only one who ever told her of them; and though this was not particularly agreeable to Emma herself, she knew it would be so much less so to her father, that she would not have him really suspect a circumstance as her not being thought perfect by every body.
"Emma knows I never flatter her," said Mr. Knightley; "but I meant no reflection on any body. Miss Taylor has been used to have two persons to please; she will now have but one. The chances are that she must be a gainer."

Emma - Jane Austen (1816)








3 comments: