Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pavé aux noix - Walnut delights with white chocolate ganache




After a busy week, I like to make some easy baking during the weekend. Something that is not time consuming and can be done within 30 minutes. Looking through my ' Baking for dummy' note book , I come across this easy recipe. The Pavé aux noix or  the' pavement of walnuts' , is some sort of brownies , I guess. And I've added a white chocolate ganache to go with it too. I don't really fancy white chocolate but for this recipe, it does make an amazing combination. It is really not a complicated recipe and it's perfect for tea time . It tasted even better when chilled overnight.




Jane's corner

Catherine turned away her head, not knowing whether she might venture to laugh.
" I see what you think of me," said he gravely- " I shall make but a poor figure in your journal tomorrow."
"My journal!"
 Yes, I know exactly what you will say: Friday, went to the Lower Rooms, wore my sprigged muslin robe with blue trimmings - plain black shoes - appeared to much advantage, but was strangely harassed by a queer, half-witted man, who would make me dance with him, and distressed me by his nonsense."
"Indeed I shall say no such thing."
"Shall I tell you what you ought to say?"
"If you please."
"I danced with a very agreeable young man, introduced by Mr King; had a great deal of conversation with him - seems a most extraordinary genius - hope I may know more of him. That, madam, is what I wish you to say."
"But, perhaps, I keep no journal."

Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen (1818)








4 comments: