Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin & Chestnut Cream Dessert



I am a big fan of cream dessert. I like the idea that every season should have their own cream dessert. With all the pumpkins and chestnut around, we should make the most of it by trying some new recipes. I love chestnut cream dessert. I made it every year during this season but this time I have added some pumpkins. Honestly I was worried that it will be too sweet. But I did reduced the sugar in the cream mixture and it turned out just nice, especially chilled.




Jane's corner

Though Edmund was much more displeased with his aunt than his mother, as evincing least regard for her niece, he could not help paying more attention to what she said, and at length determined on a method of proceeding which would obviate the risk of his father's thinking he had done too much, and at the same time procure for Fanny the immediate means of exercise, which he could not bear she should be without.

Mansfield Park - Jane Austen (1814)








8 comments:

  1. I love cream dessert too!! are delicious and this look amazing and nice! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you didn't-pumpkin and chesnuts swimming in all that delicious cream-yum. Since you dared to tempt my palate a taste test is in order, please send that pot of deliciousness via air to my house. Thanks for sharing this special dessert recipe-have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a dessert with pumpkin and chestnut - looks interesting. Love your little Le Creuset pots - mine are light blue and I have some leftover pumpkin. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina for dropping by. I would love to send it to you. Have a nice day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Baking Addict for dropping by. Wow, I would really like to see your light blue Le Crueset. I have never seen this colour before :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS you can see my light blue le creuset here
    http://themorethanoccasionalbaker.blogspot.com/2011/08/apple-crumble.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...What a lovely colour of Le Crueset that you've got, Baking Addict. Your apple crumble looks soo yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete