Sunday, December 25, 2011

Gingerbread man cookies



Honey and spice and everything nice, that is definitely the gingerbread man. I have never make them before . This is my first time ever doing these tasty cookies. It was a huge success amongst my families and friends. Every year for Christmas and New year we'll decorate a small tree with goodies such as candies, marshmallows, pretzels and sablé . But this year I wanted to try the gingerbread man. Actually I like gingerbread man and I finally found the cutter last year. But I was too busy doing Christmas and New Year preparation that I 've totally forgotten about it. This is a recipe that I've kept for more than 15 years but never try before, so it's kind of amazing that it works.  I simply  love the smell of spice around the house that makes the ambiance truly festive. Merry Christmas everyone .



Jane's corner


When there, at her own particular request, for she was impatient to pour forth her thanks to him for fetching her mother, Colonel Brandon was invited to visit her.
His emotion in entering the room, in seeing her altered looks, and in receiving the pale hand which she immediately held out to him, was such, as, in Elinor's conjecture, must arise from something more than his affection for Marianne, or the consciousness of it's being known to others; and soon discovered in his melancholy eye and varying complexion as he looked at her sister, the probable recurrence of many past scenes of misery to his mind, brought back by that resemblance between Marianne and Eliza already acknowledged, and now strengthened by the hollow eye, the sickly skin, the posture of reclining weakness, and the warm acknowledgment of peculiar obligation.

Sense & Sensibility  - Jane Austen (1811)











3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love ginger bread cookies:!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant believe you've never made them before. They look fab! Love that you made them into tree decorations. Hope you had a good Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Gloria. You are ever so kind :)

    Glad to hear from again Baking Addict. I hope you had a great Christmas with your family & me too wish you a Happy & healthy New year. Yup, believe or not, I've never bake gingerbread man before. Thanks, you'll be amaze how many goodies that I have not done before. I'm still learning from you & other bloggers. I'm glad to get to know you & other bloggers out there to share recipes around the world. Cheers to the coming year with more fabulous recipes :)

    ReplyDelete