Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wild Mushroom Soup - Potage des bois



This my favourite soup ever . Especially during Autumn where there are full with mushrooms  in every corner of the woods. For this recipe I have added few varieties of mushrooms such as Chanterelle, Girolle, Cepé and Bolet. It's always great to have a bowl of warm soup by the fire place during the cool winter months.



Jane's corner

"I do not believe," said Mrs. Dashwood, with a good-humoured smile, "that Mr. Willoughby will be incommoded by the attempts of either of my daughters, towards what you call catching him. It is not an employment to which they have been brought up. Men are very safe with us, let them be ever so rich. I am glad to find, however, from what you say, that he is a respectable young man, and one whose acquaintance will not be ineligible."
"He is as good a sort of fellow, I believe, as ever lived," repeated Sir John. "I remember last Christmas, at a little hop at the Park, he danced from eight o'clock till four without once sitting down."
"Did he, indeed?" cried Marianne, with sparkling eyes; "and with elegance, with spirit?"
"Yes; and he was up again at eight to ride to covert." 


Sense & Sensibility - Jane Austen ( 1811)













5 comments:

  1. I love mushroom soup and especially love the layer of pastry on top. This is going to be my favourite soup too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pottage, look amazing and yumm! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Baking addict for dropping by. It's a delicious soup yet simple to make. I'm sure you'll like it too :)

    Thanks again Gloria for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This soup looks yummy! I love this puff pastry topping - a prefect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amy for dropping by. Ya, I like to add the pastry topping aspecially when serving friends because it will a surprise for them to find out what is it in the bowl. It's also kind of chic look to it too accrding to a friend of mine .

    ReplyDelete