Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade Lemon Curd



I was thinking of making a Matcha roll with Lemon curd,. Since my sister ( DesparatehousewifeinHolland) asked me for the lemon curd recipe, I  think I'll post the recipe here and share this recipe with everyone. It's an easy  recipe and don't take much of your time to make it. I must say that homemade lemon curd it's way better than the one bought in stores. Since I made my own lemon curd , I don't buy them anymore. 





Jane's corner

Fanny had no share in the festivities of the season; but she enjoyed being avowedly useful as her aunt's companion when they called away the rest of the family; and, as Miss Lee had left Mansfield, she naturally became everything to Lady Bertram during the night of a ball or a party. She talked to her, listened to her, read to her; and the tranquillity of such evenings, her perfect security in such a _tete-a-tete_ from any sound of unkindness, was unspeakably welcome to a mind which had seldom known a pause in its alarms or embarrassments. As to her cousins' gaieties, she loved to hear an account of them, especially of the balls, and whom Edmund had danced with; but thought too lowly of her own situation to imagine she should ever be admitted to the same, and listened, therefore, without an idea of any nearer concern in them. Upon the whole, it was a comfortable winter to her; for though it brought no William to England, the never-failing hope of his arrival was worth much.

Mansfield Park - Jane Austen (1814)







Lemon Curd

Ingredients

2 lemon (juice & finely grated rind)
160g sugar
4 eggs
100g butter

Directions:


1) Cut butter in cubes & place it on a double boiler or bain-marie  together with lemon juice, lemon rind, sugar & eggs .  Make sure that the bowl  does not touch the boiling water.

2)  On  low heat stir or whisk the mixture continuously till it thicken. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.  Once thicken let it to cool before spooning in a sterilized jar


                                                                         Bon Appetit

14 comments:

  1. I've not gone back to buying lemon curd either since making my own. It's so delicious and versatile! Love your food styling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baking Addict. Yes, homemade lemon curd is still the best :)

      Delete
  2. I have to say you! I lovew lemon curd I think is one of the most delicious things!! and yours look amazing!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria. Yes, I love lemon curd too :)

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely trying this. I love lemon curd and really should try to make it myself! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Amy. At first I thought that it must be tedious to make my own lemon curd . But I must say that it's really easy & homemade lemon curd taste even better. I'm sure you'll like it :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE lemon curd, this looks really good! I've seen that you can make it in the microwave too but I've never tried it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I did not make it in the microwave oven but on a stove using double boiler to make this lemon curd. I'm not sure if it works in microwave oven.

      Delete
  5. This does look deliciously smooth and silky-yum! Curd makes for such wonderful gifts. Amazing presentation here, very inspiring. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds so good! the matcha sponge already sounds fantastic because I love green tea, and the lemon curd itslef also already sounds brilliant because I love lemon curd. and now, they're together?! ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghee... thanks Shu Han. Ya, me too love Matcha & Lemon curd so decided to put them together. & turned out to be a great combination after all :)

      Delete
  7. I absolutely adore Lemon Curd. I've had it on my list of things to try making for a couple years now. Silly, right? It looks so incredibly simple and I already know it is delicious! Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mary. It's always like that when we have a list of things to try but can't seem to make it done. I've quite a list of recipes to try out myself but get caught up other projects most of the time.

    ReplyDelete