Monday, January 23, 2012

Matcha & Lemon Curd Roll


For my Chinese New Year open house party  , I've made the Matcha (Japanese green tea) & lemon curd roll for my friends who will be visiting this afternoon. Never make this before but I was trying my luck by adding Matcha powder into my usual génoise . Luckily it worked!! If not I'll be in big trouble!!




Jane's corner

A very few days more, and Captain Wentworth was known to be at Kellynch, and Mr Musgrove had called on him, and come back warm in his praise, and he was engaged with the Crofts to dine at Uppercross, by the end of another week. It had been a great disappointment to Mr Musgrove to find that no earlier day could be fixed, so impatient was he to shew his gratitude, by seeing Captain Wentworth under his own roof, and welcoming him to all that was strongest and best in his cellars. But a week must pass; only a week, in Anne's reckoning, and then, she supposed, they must meet; and soon she began to wish that she could feel secure even for a week.

Persuasion - Jane Austen ( 1818)





Matcha & Lemon Curd Roll

Ingredients:
2 eggs + 2 yolks
80g sugar
55g flour
3 tsp Matcha powder

For egg white mixture:
3 egg whites + 20g sugar

For Lemon curd butter cream
300g  lemon curd (recipe)
130g soften butter

Directions:

For Matcha genoise:

1) Preheat oven to 200°C & grease baking tray.

2) Beat  2 eggs & yolks together with sugar till creamy.

3)  Sift flour together with Matcha powder. Gradually fold in flour  & Macha powder in cream mixture until all combines.

4) Beat egg whites & sugar till soft peaks form.


5) Gradually add egg white in batter. Stir well till all combined. Pour batter on the baking tray. Spread and smooth out the batter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes


6) Place a slightly damp clean tea towel over the cake & roll up the roll. Leave to cool for awhile in the tea towel.

For lemon curd butter cream:

7) Beat lemon curd & soften butter till light & creamy

8) Spread lemon curd butter cream on the roll . Roll up the swiss roll away from you, then place  it on a serving plate. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours . Cut both edges of the roll. Sprinkle some Matcha powder on the roll.

Bon Appetit

15 comments:

  1. This roll does look fabulous. I would have never thought to blend matcha with lemon curd, but I am sure it tastes wonderful together. I wish I had been there to try a slice. Delicious post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. I love these 2 combinations. Do try out this recipe & let me know :)

      Delete
  2. I love matcha and this roll look perfec and delicious! beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what an amazing roll...it looks perfect!! But what's Matcha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. Matcha is Japanese green tea & I used grounded Matcha special for baking to make this roll.

      Delete
  4. This really is a stunning roll and stunning recipes. I really like baking with matcha and have done my own matcha Swiss roll; it didn't even begin to match up to yours. Thanks for visiting my blog, so glad you did as your blog is amazing and of course I'm a big Austen fan as well. And Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghee..; thanks for visting my blog. I'm glad to found another Austen fan who loves to bake as me. I love your blog too , I 'm a huge fan of chocolates too!! :)

      Delete
  5. This roll looks beautiful and such a great flavor combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! if only my rolls come out half as nice as yours, I will jump up so hight that I will hit through my roof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..Thank you so much for dropping by Lucy , I'm really honored coming from you. If I can cook as well as you, me too will jump till hitting through my roof to the sky!!!. I love your blog & have tried few of your recipes & delighted with all of them. Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

      Delete
  7. This roll cake is right up my alley! I love Matcha and Lemon Curd! What a wonderful combination. :)

    ReplyDelete