For my Chinese New Year open house party , I've made the Matcha (Japanese green tea) & lemon curd roll for my friends who will be visiting this afternoon. Never make this before but I was trying my luck by adding Matcha powder into my usual génoise . Luckily it worked!! If not I'll be in big trouble!!
A very few days more, and Captain Wentworth was known to be at Kellynch, and Mr Musgrove had called on him, and come back warm in his praise, and he was engaged with the Crofts to dine at Uppercross, by the end of another week. It had been a great disappointment to Mr Musgrove to find that no earlier day could be fixed, so impatient was he to shew his gratitude, by seeing Captain Wentworth under his own roof, and welcoming him to all that was strongest and best in his cellars. But a week must pass; only a week, in Anne's reckoning, and then, she supposed, they must meet; and soon she began to wish that she could feel secure even for a week.
Persuasion - Jane Austen ( 1818)
Matcha & Lemon Curd Roll
2 eggs + 2 yolks
3 tsp Matcha powder
For egg white mixture:
3 egg whites + 20g sugar
For Lemon curd butter cream
300g lemon curd (recipe)
130g soften butter
For Matcha genoise:
1) Preheat oven to 200°C & grease baking tray.
2) Beat 2 eggs & yolks together with sugar till creamy.
3) Sift flour together with Matcha powder. Gradually fold in flour & Macha powder in cream mixture until all combines.
4) Beat egg whites & sugar till soft peaks form.
5) Gradually add egg white in batter. Stir well till all combined. Pour batter on the baking tray. Spread and smooth out the batter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes
6) Place a slightly damp clean tea towel over the cake & roll up the roll. Leave to cool for awhile in the tea towel.
For lemon curd butter cream:
7) Beat lemon curd & soften butter till light & creamy
8) Spread lemon curd butter cream on the roll . Roll up the swiss roll away from you, then place it on a serving plate. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours . Cut both edges of the roll. Sprinkle some Matcha powder on the roll.