Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pear Trifle - Trifle à la poire


Recently I've attended a party with the pear theme. I love going to these parties.  It's a great way to exchange recipes and at the same time meet some talented people .So I've decided to make my  pear & speculoss (Dutch spiced biscuits)  trifle for the party. Actually I don't have enough time to do another recipe that I've planned to do. Well, I must admit that I love speculoss . A well known spiced shortcrust biscuits from Belgium & The Netherlands. These biscuits are full with amazing spices such as nutmeg, ginger, cardamon, cloves, cinnamon & white pepper. We can buy these delicious speculoss everywhere especially during the month of December for Saint Nicolas day.




Jane's corner

"How well your brother dances!" was an artless exclamation
of Catherine's towards the close of their conversation,
which at once surprised and amused her companion.
     "Henry!" she replied with a smile.  "Yes, he does
dance very well."
     "He must have thought it very odd to hear me say I
was engaged the other evening, when he saw me sitting down.
But I really had been engaged the whole day to Mr. Thorpe."
Miss Tilney could only bow.  "You cannot think,"
added Catherine after a moment's silence, "how surprised I
was to see him again.  I felt so sure of his being quite
gone away."
     "When Henry had the pleasure of seeing you before,
he was in Bath but for a couple of days.  He came only
to engage lodgings for us."

Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen (1818)



Pear & Speculass Trifle - Trifle à la poire

Ingredients for 4 person

250g speculass biscuits or shortbread/ sablé
3 pears
300g mascarpone cream cheese
8 tbsp sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon
4 glasses

Directions:

1) Peel pears & cut in small cubes . Place them in a cooking pan on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir so that evenly cooked. Remove from heat & let it to cool.

2)Beat mascarpone cream cheese with sugar & cinnamon till smooth

3) Crush speculasss till fine crumbs & add in glass. Layer with pear compote & topped with cream mixture. Shave chocolate with vegetable peeler for garnish. Refrigerated till serving.


Bon Appetit

6 comments:

  1. I have biscoff cookies hidden away in the freezer, but this recipe may change that. I love the layering that you did here and the choice of fruit. Stunning presentation too. I am sure I would enjoy eating this for dessert. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. Please do try this recipe & let me know .:)

      Delete
  2. Love glasses dessert and this look amazing!!
    I wcould it a glass right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria. I would love to share it with you :)

      Delete
  3. These look so good,Lovely photo's too...I'm so glad i've just seen your Subsribe by email so I wont miss your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Clairejustine for becoming my follower. Glad to have another new blogger friend who share the same interest. :)

    ReplyDelete