I wanted to make a girly cupcakes & it must be pink! Well, that is because these cupcakes are specially dedicated to my favorite nieces, Anjuli & Alexis. While I was wondering in my pantry , I found these lovely pink praline which my friend gave it to me a month ago. I was really glad to find the pink element !! This is my first time baking pink praline cupcakes. I used my usual cupcake recipe & added in finely chopped pink pralines I've sprinkled some finely grounded pink pralines for topping before piping butter cream frosting. I found some paper doilies & decided to make the cupcake wrappers as well. This is my second time decorating cupcakes, I was quite nervous of the whole idea actually . But it was fun making these girly cupcakes for my cute little nieces.
Such was Catherine Morland at ten. At fifteen, appearances were mending; she began to curl her hair and long for balls; her complexion improved, her features were softened by plumpness and colour, her eyes gained more animation, and her figure more consequence. Her love of dirt gave way to an inclination for finery, and she grew clean as she grew smart; she had now the pleasure of sometimes hearing her father and mother remark on her personal improvement. "Catherine grows quite a good-looking girl--she is almost pretty today," were words which caught her ears now and then; and how welcome were the sounds! To look almost pretty is an acquisition of higher delight to a girl who has been looking plain the first fifteen years of her life than a beauty from her cradle can ever receive.
Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen (1818)
Pink Praline cupcakes
350g self-raising flour
150g pink pralines( finely chopped) + 20g grounded pink praline for deco
200g butter (room temperature)
250 ml milk
Deep muffin tin with cupcake cases
For butter cream frosting
300g soften butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence
250g powdered sugar
2 tbsp hot water
1) Preheat oven to 180°C & line deep muffin tins with cupcake cases.
2) Beat butter & sugar till creamy. Gradually add in eggs & stir till combined.
3) Fold in self-raising flour & finely chopped pink praline. Pour in milk gradually & mix till all well combined.
5) To make butter cream frosting - Beat soften butter & sugar. Add in hot water & vanilla essence, beat till creamy & smooth.
6) Sprinkle grounded praline on cupcakes. Top cupcakes with butter cream using a piping bag with any piping tip that you like & have fun.
This recipe was shared on Clairejustineoxo's Valentine event