Monday, January 30, 2012

Pink Praline Cupcakes



I wanted to make a girly cupcakes & it must be pink! Well, that is because these cupcakes are specially dedicated to my favorite nieces, Anjuli & Alexis. While I was wondering in my pantry , I found these lovely pink praline which my friend gave it to me a month ago. I was really glad to find the pink element !! This is my first time baking pink praline cupcakes. I used my usual cupcake recipe & added in finely chopped pink pralines I've sprinkled some finely grounded pink pralines for topping before piping butter cream frosting. I found some paper doilies & decided to make the cupcake wrappers as well. This is my second time decorating cupcakes, I was quite nervous of the whole idea actually . But it  was fun making these girly cupcakes for my cute little nieces.




Jane's corner

Such was Catherine Morland at ten. At fifteen, appearances were mending; she began to curl her hair and long for balls; her complexion improved, her features were softened by plumpness and colour, her eyes gained more animation, and her figure more consequence. Her love of dirt gave way to an inclination for finery, and she grew clean as she grew smart; she had now the pleasure of sometimes hearing her father and mother remark on her personal improvement. "Catherine grows quite a good-looking girl--she is almost pretty today," were words which caught her ears now and then; and how welcome were the sounds! To look almost pretty is an acquisition of higher delight to a girl who has been looking plain the first fifteen years of her life than a beauty from her cradle can ever receive.

Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen (1818)







Pink Praline cupcakes

Ingredients:

350g self-raising flour
150g pink pralines( finely chopped) + 20g grounded pink praline for deco
4 eggs
180g sugar
200g butter (room temperature)
250 ml milk
Deep muffin  tin with cupcake cases

For butter cream frosting
300g soften butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence
250g powdered sugar
2 tbsp hot water

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 180°C & line deep muffin tins with cupcake cases.

2) Beat butter & sugar till creamy. Gradually add in eggs & stir till combined.



3) Fold in self-raising flour & finely chopped pink praline. Pour in milk gradually & mix till all well combined.

4) Fill cupcake cases three-quarter full with praline batter. Bake for 15 minutes. Let it to cool.


5) To make butter cream frosting - Beat soften butter &  sugar. Add in hot water & vanilla essence, beat till creamy & smooth.

6) Sprinkle grounded praline on cupcakes. Top cupcakes with butter cream using a piping bag with any piping tip that you like & have fun.



This recipe was shared on Clairejustineoxo's Valentine event

                                 Bon Appetit

17 comments:

  1. They look so pretty and extra impressive in the doily cases. I bet your nieces were thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choclette. I supposed, because they only said "WOW!" :)

      Delete
  2. look beautiful, perfect and elegant dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria for your support. You are my best follower . I really appreciate it. Merci :)

      Delete
  3. These really look amazing. I love the way you decorated them and the color mix of yellow and pink! You really put those pink pralines to great use. Very creative, I wish I was presented with these for Valentine's. Your nieces were very lucky to be the recipients of these gems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. You are very creative yourself too. I'm glad that I found your blog . Awesome blog!

      Delete
  4. ohh just look at that colour! they look simply gorgeous! and your cupcake holders too, i'm positively envious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghee..thanks Shu Han for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  5. These are so cute!! I love the pink and the decoration is fab. I'm sure your nieces enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look better than anything I've seen in a professional bakery! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghee thanks Amy. I don't usually decorate or add any frosting on my cupcakes. This is the 2nd time that I've decorated them. Glad that you like them. :)

      Delete
  7. your blog is so beautiful,I'm so glad you left me some lovely comments so I could follow you,I hold a creative hop to every Monday (starting Sunday nights )and I would love you to link up your beautiful recipes next week? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ghee thanks for the invitation. I'll be glad to share my recipes & link to your creative blog. Thanks again for dropping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete