Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kiwi & Peanut Brownies



Valentine's day is around the corner , so I wanted to start with a chocolate recipe. We are choco crazy in our family. At the same time I wanted to share some romantic moments from Jane Austen novels that I like. This recipe was inspired from some of my husband's favorite food: chocolate, peanut & kiwi fruit. I've used salted roasted peanuts but you can used unsalted peanut too. In fact you can use any nuts that you prefer. As for the kiwi fruit, it is better to get not too ripe or firm kiwis. All & all this recipe tasted good with a tiny hint of sourly & savory at the same time if you used salted roasted peanuts. Since it's for Valentine's day , I've baked it in a heart shape mould but I've added to much batter. A little too thick but nevertheless it's still tasty.




Jane's romantic moment in Emma.

"My dearest Emma," said he, "for dearest you will always be, whatever the event of this hour's conversation, my dearest, most beloved Emma--tell me at once. Say `No,' if it is to be said."-- She could really say nothing.--"You are silent," he cried, with great animation; "absolutely silent! at present I ask no more."
Emma was almost ready to sink under the agitation of this moment. The dread of being awakened from the happiest dream, was perhaps the most prominent feeling.
"I cannot make speeches, Emma:" he soon resumed; and in a tone of such sincere, decided, intelligible tenderness as was tolerably convincing.--"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. But you know what I am.--You hear nothing but truth from me.--I have blamed you, and lectured you, and you have borne it as no other woman in England would have borne it.-- Bear with the truths I would tell you now, dearest Emma, as well as you have borne with them. The manner, perhaps, may have as little to recommend them. God knows, I have been a very indifferent lover.-- But you understand me.--Yes, you see, you understand my feelings-- and will return them if you can. At present, I ask only to hear, once to hear your voice."


Emma - Jane Austen (1816)



 This recipe was shared on #chocolatelove event & Daily-Cuppa for the Chocolate Lover event  hosted by Resh . 



Kiwi & Peanut. Brownies

Ingredients:

80g chopped roasted peanuts
100g butter
200g dark chocolate
3 firm Kiwi + 3 ripe for deco
180g sugar
100g flour
2 tbsp of baking powder
3 eggs

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease mould or rectangular cake tin.

2) Melt butter & chocolate pieces on bain-marie / double boiler.

3) Peel & cut kiwi into 12 pieces, each


4) Beat eggs into the melted chocolate till all combined.

 
5) Incorporate sugar, flour, baking powder & chopped roasted peanuts into the chocolate mixture .

6) Add pieces of kiwi into chocolate batter & mix till combined. Pour chocolate batter on heart shape mould or rectangular cake tin. Bake for 20 minutes. Let it to cool.

.

    

Bon Apetit


Yeah!..February is #chocolatelove month!


44 comments:

  1. hi...it looks really nice....thanks for linking to my event 'Chocolate Lover'...i am following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Resh for dropping by. Glad to have you as my follower. :)

      Delete
  2. what nice and lovely kiwi brownies:))) and love all you have with heart! now I was searching and I fin I dont have any pan with heart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Gloria. Valentine's day is coming soon, so chop-chop, hurry & get a heart shape pan & join the club! :)

      Delete
  3. My mind still is not set on any Valentines items for posting. Yours is definitely and unusual blend, but somehow I think that the tart juicy kiwi is a good contrast with the rich chocolate. Great presentation with the slices and the heart shape. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina for dropping by. I'm sure you'll come up with some awesome bakes as always. Can't wait to see your Valentine goodies! Yes, actually I've tried dipping kiwi in melted chocolate just to try if they can go together.I'm surprised it tasted really good.

      Delete
  4. Ahh, a tear has appeared in the corner of my eye - sniff!

    The cake sounds really interesting - am going to have to try baking with kiwi fruit now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choclette. Oh ya, I remembered that you are a Jane Austen fan too! Do try & let me know if you like these two combination. :)

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing! I've never had kiwi and chocolate before but now I must try it. If you want to enter another challenge this month, check out AlphaBakes on my blog. You can also link this to #chocolatelove - linky tool on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghee thanks Baking Addict for the encouragement! I'll definitely checking out your blog for the details. Merci again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really an original brownie recipe and not a comb i would have thought of combining together

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would have never thought of pairing chocolate and kiwi, together, but your heart is beautiful and creative. Gorgeous pics and such a lovely presentation.

    Sending #chocolatelove your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becky. Glad that you like it. :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful!Love the arrangement of Kiwi over your brownie!I'm sure the Kiwi adds a wonderful tartness to the brownie.Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soni. It's a great pleasure to share this recipe with you all. Hope you will like it. :)

      Delete
  10. I'd love it if you'd come by Themed Baker's Sunday and share your treat! This week's theme is Valentines Day.
    See you there!
    Cupcake Apothecary
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invitation. Sure, I would love to visit your blog. :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks Samantha B for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kiwifruit and chocolate, I have yet to see or try this combination. very curious about this pairing.
    Happy to be co-hosting with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Three Cookies for dropping by . :)

      Delete
  13. What an interesting flavor combination! I've never thought to put kiwi inside a baked good. Love the color they add to the top of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the kiwi make wonderful twist in that lovely brownie.. nice recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , hope you'll like this recipe. & thanks again for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  15. Love your presentation! the brownies look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO beautiful! I love the kiwi garnish...yum! Sending you some #chocolatelove!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizzy! Glad that you drop by. :)

      Delete
  17. What a unique recipe. Your brownie looks so moist and delicious! This is such a gorgeous cake to celebrate Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kiwi on top of peanut brownie looks delicious and beautiful.
    I am reading that excerpt from Emma after 20-22 years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. first of all, i LOVE jane austen novels. such a good scene from emma. sigh~ :)

    and i think it is so romantic how you combined all of your hubby's favorites in one dish. the brownie looks fabulous! i love peanuts and chocolate together. sending some #chocolatelove to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. never thought kiwi will look so good on a brownie! this sounds amazing and delish!

    happy to have know you via #chocolatelove!

    thanks for dropping by my site too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dudut for dropping by! Glad to have another blogger friend :)

      Delete
  21. Kiwi in a brownie?! What a unique idea and combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Do try this recipe & let me know if you like it. :)

      Delete