Passion fruit is my favorite fruit besides raspberry. I love these cupcakes & the passion cream added a delicate taste to the cupcake that makes it special .
I write only to bid you farewell, the spell is removed; I see you as you are. Since we parted yesterday, I have received from indisputable authority such a history of you as must bring the most mortifying conviction of the imposition I have been under, and the absolute necessity of an immediate and eternal separation from you. You cannot doubt to what I allude. Langford! Langford! that word will be sufficient. I received my information in Mr. Johnson's house, from Mrs. Mainwaring herself. You know how I have loved you; you can intimately judge of my present feelings, but I am not so weak as to find indulgence in describing them to a woman who will glory in having excited their anguish, but whose affection they have never been able to gain.
Lady Susan - Jane Austen (1818)
Passion fruit cupcakes - Cupcakes à la crème passion
A recipe of Johanna Farrow
Ingredients for 12 cupcakes
150g butter softened
150g powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g self-raising flour
12 cupcake wrappers
4 passion fruit pulp
150ml thick cream (crème fraîche)
100g icing sugar
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Beat butter sugar, eggs, flour & vanilla essence till combined.
3) Line 12 cupcake wrapper on cupcake pan. Spoon in batter into prepared cupcake wrappers. Bake for 20- 25 minutes till golden brown. Let to cool.
4) Spoon the pulp of 2 passion fruit into thick cream and beat together with 1 tbsp of sugar till combined.
5) For frosting, beat icing sugar with pulp of 2 passion fruits till smooth.
6) Remove cupcake liner from cupcake. Slice cake horizontally in half & spread with passion fruit cream. Topped with passion fruit frosting.
I'm sharing this recipe with Clairejustineoxoxo's Creative Mondays linky event & Spice n Sugar Tales 's 1st on going event Cakes, Cookies & Desserts.