Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pink Sweetheart Sablés - Sablés aux biscuits roses


After making something chocolaty for Valentine, now it's about time to make something pink! I've been waiting for an opportunity to try this pink sablé using the Biscuits Roses de Reims. And now it's the perfect time to do it & I've a set of heart shape cutters that I've bought last year to try it out too. This recipe is adapted  from Maison Foissier . Le Biscuit Rose De Reims is my favorite bisciuts that we used to eat with Champagne. But we also use it for making Charlottes as well.




Jane's romantic moment in Persuasion

This is a letter from Captain Frederick Wentworth to Anne Elliot 

I can listen no longer in silence.  I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach.  You pierce my soul.  I am half agony, half hope.  Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever.  I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago.  Dare not say that man forgets sooner than  woman, that his love has an earlier death.  I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant.  You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan.  Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes?  I had not waited even these ten days, could I have read your feelings, as I think you must have penetrated mine.  I can hardly write.  I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me.  You sink your voice, but I can distinguish the tones of that voice when they would be lost on others. Too good, too excellent creature!  You do us justice, indeed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men. Believe it to be most fervent, most undeviating, in F. W.

Persuasion - Jane Austen (1816)




Pink Sablé - Sablé aux Biscuits roses
Recipe adapted from Maison Fossier


Ingredients

220g flour
150g butter
45g icing sugar
40g grounded almond
100g Biscuits roses de Reim powder *( I've ground the biscuits roses in a blender )
1 g baking powder
2 eggs
50g Biscuits roses de Reim powder
2 drops red food coloring




Directions:

1) Sift flour & baking powder. Cut butter in small pieces.


2) Add butter, icing sugar, grounded almond & 100g biscuit roses powder. into sifted flour. Rub the cubed butter in flour mixture till it resembles fine breadcrumbs or sablé texture.


3) Incorporate eggs & food coloring into the breadcrumbs mixture. Knead till dough is an even color & texture. Put it in a polybag & chill for 1 hour.



4)On floured surface, roll the dough out  but not too thick , about 4mm. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters of your choice.

5) Preheat oven to 200°C

6) Brush water on sablé & sprinkle some Biscuits roses & place them on greased baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.





Bon Apetit



                                                                           

9 comments:

  1. So very pretty! I haven't seen Rose biscuits here. Are they some kind of meringue biscuits?
    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Real nice to have met you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your jane austen posts. i came back again just to read your new one. frederick is a dream!!! i wonder which one will be next...hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks !Glad to have another Jane Austen fan in my blog. I love the character of Frederick, an intriguing sea Captain & this letter is my favorite scene of all. He's still in love with the women who had rejected him eight years ago!! How romantic is that huh! Guess whose next??!!

      Delete
  3. Not sure how I missed these beauties! These are so stunning and I like how you made the heart shapes descending in size. You have such a talent for using unusual ingredients in baking. There is probably a lot of wonderful ingredients in France that we here in the US just simply do not have. Lovely tie to Jane Austin as usual! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Tina. I have been receiving e-mails asking me about these Biscuits Roses de Reim too. I thought that we can find it everywhere because they are very famous. And usually the French enjoy it with Champagne. Thanks for info. You too, have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  4. I love those biscuits roses! Your cookies look beautiful. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary. Happy Valentine's day to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete