Lady Russell, convinced that Anne would not be allowed to be of any use, or any importance, in the choice of the house which they were going to secure, was very unwilling to have her hurried away so soon, and wanted to make it possible for her to stay behind till she might convey her to Bath herself after Christmas; but having engagements of her own which must take her from Kellynch for several weeks, she was unable to give the full invitation she wished, and Anne though dreading the possible heats of September in all the white glare of Bath, and grieving to forego all the influence so sweet and so sad of the autumnal months in the country, did not think that, everything considered, she wished to remain. It would be most right, and most wise, and, therefore must involve least suffering to go with the others.
Persuasion - Jane Austen (1818)
Savoury Cocoa Crepe With Carrots & Cumin Coconut cream
Ingredients for 6
For savoury cocoa Crepe:
50g cocoa powder
1/2 litre almond milk
20 ml vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
For Carrots & Cumin coconut cream
1 shallot(finely chopped)
3 yellow carrots (sliced)
3 orange carrots(sliced)
3 potatoes(cut into pieces)
450g coconut milk
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp grounded paprika
1/2 corn starch deluded with 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt & pepper
1) Combine all dry ingredients in a big bowl. Pour in almond milk with oil & stir well.
2) Gradually add in egg one at a time & keep on stirring till all combined. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3)Heat pan, greased lightly, pour in 3 tbsps of mixture. Cook till slightly darker brown. Turn Crepe over & cook. Repeat with remaining batter.
4) Preheat oven to 150°C. Place Crepe on ramekin & press to shape it. Place in oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
For carrots & cumin coconut cream
3) On a heated cooking pan, pour in oil, chopped shallots with potatos & fry for 5 minutes. Add in slice carrots & cook for few minutes.
4) Add in cumin seeds & paprika & stir well. Pour in coconut milk & bring it to a boil.
5) Pour in cornstarch deluded in water with salt & pepper. Cook till the milk thickens.
6) Place Crepe on place & spoon in carrots & potatos. Sprinkle some pink pepper & few coriander leaves.