This is a recipe that I wanted to try for quite awhile now. I found this recipe from a cookbook by José Maréshal . I simply love the colour of these grenadine apple. The addition of dry fruits was really delicious but the Chinese noodles does not blend in. What I meant was, it's tasteless & I see no point by adding it. Maybe with some butter or sugar might do the trick. Any suggestions?
Jane's romantic moment in Pride & Prejudice
In an hurried manner he immediately began an enquiry after her health, imputing his visit to a wish of hearing that she were better. She answered him with cold civility. He sat down for a few moments, and then getting up, walked about the room. Elizabeth was surprised, but said not a word. After a silence of several minutes, he came towards her in an agitated manner, and thus began,
``In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.''
Elizabeth's astonishment was beyond expression. She stared, coloured, doubted, and was silent. This he considered sufficient encouragement, and the avowal of all that he felt and had long felt for her immediately followed. He spoke well, but there were feelings besides those of the heart to be detailed, and he was not more eloquent on the subject of tenderness than of pride. His sense of her inferiority -- of its being a degradation -- of the family obstacles which judgment had always opposed to inclination, were dwelt on with a warmth which seemed due to the consequence he was wounding, but was very unlikely to recommend his suit.
Jane Austen - Pride & Prejudice (1813)
Stuffed Dried Fruit Grenadine Apple
A recipe of José Maréshal
1,5 litre water
50cl grenadine syrup
250g dried fruits (apricot, fig, raisin ext:)
80g chopped mix nuts ( pistachio, almond ext:)
100g strawberry or raspberry jam
200g Chinese noodles
1) Place water & grenadine syrup in a cooking pan & bring it to a boil.
2) Cut the top of the apple & keep it aside. Peel & core apples. Place the apples into the boiling grenadine mixture. Cook the apples till slightly red color on medium heat. Drained & let to cool.
3) Cut dried fruits in small pieces & chopped mix nuts. Mix them all together & separate them evenly in two portion. In a bowl add jam in one portion of the fruit mixture & stir till all combined.
4) Preheat oven to 200°C
5) Add a layer of dried fruits in each ramekin. Spoon in jam & dried fruit mixture into apple & cover with the apple top
6) Place apple in remekin & add chinese noodle around the apple. Bake the apples for 15 minutes.