They must retrench; that did not admit of a doubt. But she was very anxious to have it done with the least possible pain to him and Elizabeth. She drew up plans of economy, she made exact calculations, and she did what nobody else thought of doing: she consulted Anne, who never seemed considered by the others as having any interest in the question. She consulted, and in a degree was influenced by her in marking out the scheme of retrenchment which was at last submitted to Sir Walter. Every emendation of Anne's had been on the side of honesty against importance. She wanted more vigorous measures, a more complete reformation, a quicker release from debt, a much higher tone of indifference for everything but justice and equity.
Persuasion- Jane Austen (1816)
Mont Blanc- Chestnut cake
A recipe of Benoit Molin
Ingredients for 6:
100g icing sugar + 50g
For Chocolate base
200g of 70% cocoa dark chocolate
200g of mix puffed rice cereals & whole grain muesli
For Chestnut puree
1/2 litre milk
100g powdered sugar
1 vanilla pod
100 ml thick cream
500ml whipped cream
For mini meringue:
1) Preheat oven to 80°C . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Beat egg white till creamy. Gradually beat in sugar till stiff peak.
3) Pipe or spoon small portions or size of a cotton wool onto baking tray & bake for 1 hours till dry but not brown.
For chocolate muesli base
1)Melt chocolate & butter on double boiler on medium heat. Remove from heat . Add in puffed rice cereals & muesli. Stir till all combined.
2) Spoon Chocolate muesli in mini tart mould & press with the back of the spoon. Let them set in refrigerator
For chestnut puree
1) Slice vanilla bean in half length wise & scrape the seed into a saucepan with milk & chestnuts. Once cooked remove from heat & drained. Smashed chestnuts till puree.
2) Fold in thick cream & butter till all combined.
Assemble the cake
1) Place mini meringue in the center of the chocolate muesli base. Pipe whipped cream around the meringue .
2) Place the chestnut puree in piping bag & pipe them in free style fashion on top of the whipped cream. Dust the Mont Blanc with icing sugar.