Monday, April 9, 2012

Carrot Cheesecake For Easter





 
Persuasion – Jane Austen (1818)

Chapter 3

After waiting another moment
"You mean Mr Wentworth, I suppose?" said Anne.
Mr Shepherd was all gratitude.
"Wentworth was the very name!  Mr Wentworth was the very man. He had the curacy of Monkford, you know, Sir Walter, some time back, for two or three years.  Came there about the year ---5, I take it. You remember him, I am sure."
"Wentworth?  Oh! ay,--Mr Wentworth, the curate of Monkford. You misled me by the term gentleman.  I thought you were speaking of some man of property:  Mr Wentworth was nobody, I remember; quite unconnected; nothing to do with the Strafford family. One onders how the names of many of our nobility become so common."



 
Carrot Cheesecake
Carrot cake  inspired from Pierre Hermé

Ingredients:

For carrot cake
250g grated carrot
50g flour
10g baking powder
2 eggs
60g grounded hazelnut
70g grounded almond
70g brown sugar
25 ml oil
A pinch of salt
A pinch of cinnamon
10g chopped walnut
10g chopped almond

For cinnamon cream filling
150g cream cheese
200g mascarpone cream cheese
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp brown sugar
10 physalis

Directions:
To make carrot cake:
1)      Preheat oven to 180°C & grease spring form mould.


2)      Beat eggs & sugar till creamy.

3)      Fold in flour, baking powder, powdered almond + hazelnut & salt till all combined.


4)      Incorporate oil, cinnamon , grated carrot, chopped walnut & almond in mixture till all well combined.


 5)      Pour batter in spring form baking pan & bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let to cool.


6)      To make cinnamon cream filling, lightly whisk  all the ingredients till combined.


7)      Spread cream filling on top of carrot cake & smooth with spatula. Place it in the fridge overnight.


8)      Just before serve, remove from spring form pan & decorate with physalis.




I'm submitting this recipe to Tea Time Treats event hosted by Kate of What Kate Baked & co-hosted with  Karen from Lavender & Lovage. This month's theme is Easter: Happy Easter everyone! 

Bon Appetit



36 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos! I wish I could have a slice right now looks amazing and I bet your family never complains lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neshanne! Oh ya, they love to complain especially my teenage sons! They're never happy but when it comes to food, they're more claiment!! I wonder why? ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Deliciousness! Cani have a slice too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Pineapple for dropping by! You can have even 2 slices if you come over! Have a nice day! =)

      Delete
  3. We are topping our cakes today! The cheesecake on top of the carrot cake does sound delicious. Not sure why I have not seen this before. We love to use the cream cheese icing with carrot cake, but this creation is an even better way to enjoy the pairing. It looks stunning. Another delicious one Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This carrot cheesecake cake is very special in its combination. It is both equal generous layers of carrot cake and cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very delicious cake and lovely photos.I liked your blog..Happy to follow you dear.Do visit my blog in your free time.
    http://www.foodydelight.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this carrot cheesecake. I think it is a wonderful recipe. This is one I will have to try. Your photos are perfectly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Kit you never fail to impress with your desserts one after another!!I love carrot cakes and carrot cheesecake sounds even better!Gorgeous clicks and recipe ,have to try sometime.Btw, have am award waiting for you in my new post!!Check it out :)Very well deserved, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I've heard so much about carrot cake but carrot cheesecake, this is the 1st time. This is really a very interesting recipe! Hmmmm, let me imagine the taste of it! OK OK, stop guessing! Can I have 1 piece with a cuppa peppermint tea please? Love the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cake Kate! I love mascarpone in my cheesecake :D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum yum!!! You have done it again! This sounds delicious and looks so beautiful. It would be much better for me to stay away from your blog until I have finished the three week challenge :-).
    I thanked you for my lovely award in today's post.
    Did you have a good Easter weekend?
    Lots of love and a biiiiiiig cyber hug
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks absolutely perfect! I love a good cheesecake and this looks like it is right up there even the decoration is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious and perfectly made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy clicka and super yummy cake

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow...what a fabulous cake!! Bookmarked to try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi kit, always love your pictures, they are so well taken with beautiful background. This cake is a luxurious treat, i never had cheesecake with mascarpone in it though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kit, wow... your cheesecake... excellent. You always comes out with the most beautiful pictures and gorgeous presentation. Really love it. Those flowers are from your garden? Look really beautiful, I like the color.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow o wow this looks AMAZING!! I want a large slice now please :) I love how you've decorated it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two of my favorites combined! And your garnish is so beautiful and elegant. Yummy post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This cake looks so tasty and beautiful. Your presentations are always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful and super delicious! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks beautiful! I love your little decorations on the top - they are gorgeous. A carrot cheesecake sounds just perfect for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a great idea, the cinnamon cream filling sounds amazing and I love that you topped it with physalis - they make it look absolutely beautiful! Sorry I managed to delete your comment last night rather than publish it because I was checking my mail on my tablet and it's rubbish...or I just have fat fingers! either way I appreciated it and laughed at the fact your husband and son will be having the SA portions!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's gorgeous! it's the combination of two of my mum's favourite cakes actually, which is just brilliant. need to show her this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so pretty with the physalis on it! An unusual combination too but it looks delicious! Cinnamon cream filling sounds lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your carrot cake made with Nut flours and you have done a very nice frosting. Plus I always like your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks superb! I love the physalis decorating the top.
    I'm sure your patchwork will be lovely..something for your niece to treasure. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks sooooo pretty. I also like the picture, nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it!! Look absolutely delicious and look perfect I love carrot cake:))

    ReplyDelete
  29. cake looks superb dear.n my fav one 2.
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a lovely cake....looks delicious and Im sure it tasted awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh MY. This combination has me craving it for breakfast. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Kit, I hopped over from Amelia's blog. When she mentioned that you are a fan of Jane Austin, I was curious to check your blog :-) You have a lovely space and that cheesecake looks yum...I also love mascarpone cheese and does happily use it in place of double cream :-) Your new follower, Suchi

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks so beautiful ,I love cheesecake :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks lovely too - your photographs always do. It's quite unusual to see a cheescake sitting on top of a cake, but it sounds good. Lovely flavours.

    ReplyDelete