Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Carrot & Pineapple Cake









Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 7

She would have liked to know how he felt as to a meeting.  Perhaps indifferent, if indifference could exist under such circumstances.  He must be either indifferent or unwilling.  Had he wished ever to see her again, he need not have waited till this time; he would have done what she could not but believe that in his place she should have done long ago, when events had been early giving him the independence which alone had been wanting.




Carrot & Pineapple Cake
Source from Food Network

Ingredients

For the cake:
4 eggs (room temperature)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ kosher salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup diced pineapple
2 cups grated carrots

For The Cream Cheese Frosting:
250g cream cheese ( room temperature)
150 g unsalted butter(room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g sugar

Directions:

1)     Preheat oven to 180°C & grease 2 x 20cm cake pans. Line with parchment paper, butter & flour the pans.

2)     Beat eggs, oil & sugar till fluffy. Add in vanilla extract & stir till all combined.


3)     Sift flour, cinnamon salt & baking powder. Fold in all dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Toss raisins with 1 tbsp of flour. Fold in chopped walnuts, carrots, pineapple & raisins into the batter & stir till well combined.

 4)      Divide evenly the batter in 2 cake pans & bake for 45 to 55 minutes  Leave to cool.

5)     For cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter & vanilla till all combined. Add in sugar & mix again till smooth.

 6)     Spread cream frosting on top of the one cake. Place a second cake on top. Decorate cake with some pineapples.

 

  Bon Appetit

 

 




I'm very glad to join in the fun for the  Bake Along event celebrating their first anniversary hosted by 3 amazing bloggers   Joyce from Kitchen FavoursLena of Frozen Wings  &  Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids.   I'm submitting this recipe to  this awesome event!



Iris from my garden

  

36 comments:

  1. Lovely combination of flavours. Now that summer is coming here pineapple seems the perfect ingredient for a cake. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cake! your boys crack me up with their remarks lol. by the way could i please live at your house so I can be your test tester or I could wash the dishes, l work for food and cake ;) lol. have a great day Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it must taste amazing! I like reduction of the sugar and the idea with adding the pineapple. I'll definitely use this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit, Your cake looks delicious! I have not made carrot cake in ages! Your "fan-pineapple" decor is very cute! I would not think of putting the pineapple at the sides, (maybe white choc chips, as in my case? Hahaha!) Your cakes looks really good, moist and full of flavour!
    Thank you for baking along with us! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I am drooling and longing for a slice right now....;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are beautiful! What are they called? I love your cake as I love to use fruits in baking...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake looks absolutely wonderful. I love the raisin and the walnuts in this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow pineapples and carrot. What a combination! The cake looks great dear. Perfect for a tea party with friends. Oh and m with oishii on this one, if you ever ever ever want an assistant for oishii I'll be there in a zap!
    Have a great day!
    xoxo
    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrot walnut is also one of my favourite cakes. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a yummy combination of flavors ! I like those pineapple slices as it gives a nice contrast to the rich cream cheese frosting :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. carrot cake is an all time fave!! love yr blog too, w e soothing music:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of it . Simple , but when I first look at it I was thinking, hey this will b d cake I wanna try baking with the exact look I am gonna create ... LOL .. How I wish I am doorstep away from you ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Kit!i must bookmark this carrot cake recipe since you said it's the best you've tried! am suprised that the french not aware of this cake. Now i know why earlier you said your decor weird, hey, not weird lah! but cute!! like a belt! haha! believe it or not, i'll probably eat the pineapples first. Thanks for baking along with us, i see that we will be baking together very often too at thb, happy baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is definitely a "must" try! Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Kit, what a lovely cake. It looks so moist and delicious I can hardly control myself. I love that you added the walnuts and raisins too!!! Any left? I have a cup of coffee besides me that is just crying for a slice:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...Your Iris Garden is enchanting...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know why I never like carrot cake, hope that 1 day I can change my mind & try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kit, your cake look awesome and the decoration look pretty too. Pass me 2 big slices, eat first diet later. LOL
    I bookmark this recipe liao.
    Love your Iris flowers, so gorgeous. You sure good at gardening and take beautiful photos. 2 thumbs up for you.

    Have a nice day, regards. A big hugs from me to you. LUV you, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kit...I love the look of this cake, so delicious with cream cheese frosting! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love carrot cake. The addition of pineapple sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous as always sweetie! I have nominated you for a Food Stories award! Stop by my site or http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/..Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds delicious! And I love the pineapple around the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love, LOVE carrot cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Look amazing and delicious and I love how you garnish!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanted to bake this Ina's recipe initially but choose to bake the strawberry cake instead because my son loves eating strawberry and with cake. Nice to know now this is another great recipe from Barefoot Contessa :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Kit, your perfect cake is making me drool...and what a lovely music you have on here....it is so soothing...a lovely blog stop this is turning out to be...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love carrot cake when it's made with pineapple too! and I love the way you decorated yours! it looks so pretty! I can't believe your son isn't keen on cream cheese frosting...when I was younger I didn't really love carrot cake but would ask for it just to eat the frosting from it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Its always lovely visiting you! Gorgeous cake as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kit this looks so good. I must try it. Carrot cake is one of my absolute favorites. We even had it as our wedding cake because we wanted a very fall themed cake (And because we both love it so much). Beautiful presentation, as always, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beatutiful yummy looking cake,can't wait to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another delicious combination! thank you so much dear Kit, your blog is such an inspiration, especially on Sundays when i get baking fever :-).
    thank you also so much for your lovely comments and the birthday wishes for Eva. She had a wonderful birthday and a great party from which she is still recovering :-)
    big hug to you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fabulous looking cake. I love IG's recipes and your version of this cake sounds fabulous. Have awonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for all your lovely words that I truly appreciate. It's always nice read all your comments; Have a lovely day everyone! =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. what to tell other than fabulous.....drooling here

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your retro cake deco! I haven't made carrot cake for years and years - not sure why not because it's delicious. Yours sounds particularly good.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love carrot cake too, I did a carrot cake with pineapple before, but that was not up to my expectation. I hope to try your recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete