Friday, May 25, 2012

Rose Chiffon Cake











Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 7

Captain Wentworth made a very early return to Mr Musgrove's civility, and she was all but calling there in the same half hour.  She and Mary were actually setting forward for the Great House, where, as she afterwards learnt, they must inevitably have found him, when they were stopped by the eldest boy's being at that moment brought home in consequence of a bad fall.  The child's situation put the visit entirely aside; but she could not hear of her escape with indifference, even in the midst of the serious anxiety which they afterwards felt on his account.




Rose Chiffon Cake
Recipe from Malaymui
 
Ingredients:
70ml rose water
70ml canola oil
4 egg yolks
4egg whites
1 tsp rose essence
1 tsp baking powder
120g sugar
100g flour
 20cm chiffon cake pan

For Chantilly cream:
100ml liquid cream
½ tsp rose essence
1 sheet of gelatine melt with 2 Tbs of hot water
10g icing sugar

For crystallized rose petal:
Rose petals
egg white
fine sugar
Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Shift baking powder & flour together & set aside.


2) Beat egg yolks, oil, 20g sugar, rose water & essence till light & fluffy. Fold in flour mixture till combined.


3) Whisk egg white till foamy & gradually add in 100g sugar. Beat till stiff peaks.


4) Fold in ¼ of egg whites into the yolk mixture first , then gradually followed by the rst if the egg whites.


5) Pour batter into an UNGREASED 20cm chiffon cake pan & bake for 30 to 40 minutes.


6) Immediately invert the cake pan & let to cool completely before unmolding it.


7) For the rose crème Chantilly: Whisk liquid cream , melted gelatine, rose essence & sugar till soft peaks & spread it onto the cake.

Bon Appetit




I’m entering this recipe to United Bakes Of America challenge hosted by Cupcake Crazy Gem. This challenge consists of baking a recipe inspired by a state in America & any American bakes! Amazing challenge where I can learn more about lovely bakes from America.




I’m also sending this recipe to Tea Time Treats Blogging Challenge  hosted by Karen  of  Lavender and Lovage & co-hosted with Kate of  What Kate Baked .  This month is Karen's birthday & I would like to wish her a Happy Birthday. Many happy returns of the day, Karen. And the  theme for this month is my favorite, it's all about floral flavours & flowers!




35 comments:

  1. oh wow..tat looks heavenly...never tried baking a chiffon cake...will give it a try soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Resh! Actually I was really worried that it won't work! LOL Do give it a try since you can find the chiffon mould in Malaysia! I bought mine in Malaysia too but only now I dare to used it! LOL Have a lovely weekend, Resh! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup...I bought the mould the other day...yet to try it...my husband likes chiffon cakes....will be baking one soon ;)..u have a lovely weekend too....

      Delete
  3. Anything that relates to rose is my favorite. And then I also love white color. Your picture allured to check on your post. The cake looks just mouthwatering. Can't I just bake in a normal bundt pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ypu so much Balvinder for your lovely words! I was just about to go to bed & saw your comment. I suppose you can use a normal cake pan to make this cake. Most importantly , do not greased the cake pan before adding cake batter! Hope you'll like it! Have a great weekend, Balvinder! =)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply I did like this cake very much.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful clicks Kit! Would love to make the rose flavoured cake sometime. I have a to-die-for orange flavour recipe. I didnt get any chiffon pans in India so I use a regular bundt like pan and invert it on a bottle :D.Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chiffon cakes, and was just going thru my book yesterday, planning to make one in the next week or so! Yours looks fluffy and soft, wonderful with the rose frosting! Chiffon cakes are so light, that I could eat a few slices in one sitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have ever baked a chiffon cake before. Yours looks beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kit,
    Immediately thought of you after seeing this
    http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2011/12/birthday-cake-for-jane-austen-twelfth.html
    Check it out. Didnt have your mail id, otherwise would have mailed you the link :D
    xoxo
    anuja

    ReplyDelete
  8. To tell you the truth I haven't baked any decent frosted cake yet :P :D Yours always look awesome ! ;D I'll try it one day soon when I have some chiffon cake pan :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kit, fabulous and really a wonderful bake and awesome presentation tooo..........Hats off to u dear.....all ur recipes r really amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful - I love the way you have used the roses to decorate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cake,such a lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Weekend, Kit!
    What a stunningly beautiful cake. I love the essence of roses in cakes and as you mention, I too feel like I'm losing the extra cholesterol when nibbling at a Chiffon Cake. However, I do have a tendency to over indulge when feeling so confident:)

    Thank you so much for sharing this lovely cake. I didn't see it on your pin boards so I hope you don't mind that I "grabbed" it!

    Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty chiffon. Love those garnishing rose petals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos, Beautiful entry into Tea Time Treats and BEAUTIFUL cake! I LOVE it, thanks so much......Karen (I feel all floral now!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This cake has totally melted my heart! Absolutly beautiful! Wonderful job sweetie! Have a fabulous weekend! XOXO-Serena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every single one of your posts puts a smile on my face.
    You can tell your cakes are made with passion and love. They all look so lovely, delicate and feminine and it is a pleasure to the eyes just to look at them. I can't imagine how good they must be. Mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chiffon cakes always make me think of royalty. I am not exactly sure why but I guess I have always seen them presently so elegantly. This one is no different. I am looking into experimenting with using flower flavors in baked goods. Rose does sound heavenly. I envy the people that have the opportunity to taste some of your wonderful creations. Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow wow wow - this cake looks amazing!!! I love the rose petals and roses on top. I'll have to try this especially since I still have rose essence in the cupboard. I've never seen an iced chiffon cake before - it looks gorgeous!! Great bake for the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you always made the most beatiful cakes Kit!:))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never made a chiffon cake but yours turn out so perfect you have encouraged me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous cake!!! I so love your posts, although they always make me hungry :-)
    I have nominated you for an award. it is the Food Stories Award for Excellence in Storytelling. Check it out at (http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/). Feel free to decline if you don't want to join in :-)
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never made a Chiffon cake before, but sure looks decadent!!Love your garnish of rose petals and of course the pics :)Great job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The rose petals are so lovely. This could be a wedding cake - it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kit, I can't find any Malaysian who doesn't like chiffon, hehehe! I have made a few other flavours & I love them all but none of my cakes were frosted like this, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a interesting history on Chiffon cake, I like your spin on it with the rose water, sounds delicate and yummy! hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. you mean this is your first chiffon cake? wow! that's a great success..even though i've made couple of times, i still get some bad ones. this is one cake that i never get tired of eating, have not tried not rose flavour tho:) the crystallized rose petals are just so pretty! lovely pics as usual :))

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was sure I'd already commented! I must have thought the comment up in my head! This is amazing, I never knew the Chiffon originated in California! I've never tasted on before myself but it sounds completely delicious and as always it is beautifully decorated! Thanks for entering it into UBA!

    ReplyDelete
  28. truly tempting..excellent presentation
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really beautiful pictures! I love the idea and I bet this cake is really aromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you everyone for your lovely compliments! They really made my day ! Have a lovely week my friends! =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really want to try making a chiffon cake, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've been hearing a lot about chiffon cakes recently so it's funny to see another one so soon. I'm thinking this is another cake I'm going to have to try - to see what all the fuss is about ;-) Yours looks great and I love rose too.

    ReplyDelete