Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
Chapter 7"Altered beyond his knowledge." Anne fully submitted, in silent, deep mortification. Doubtless it was so, and she could take no revenge, for he was not altered, or not for the worse. She had already acknowledged it to herself, and she could not think differently, let him think of her as he would. No: the years which had destroyed her youth and bloom had only given him a more glowing, manly, open look, in no respect lessening his personal advantages. She had seen the same Frederick Wentworth.
"So altered that he should not have known her again!" These were words which could not but dwell with her. Yet she soon began to rejoice that she had heard them. They were of sobering tendency; they allayed agitation; they composed, and consequently must make her happier.
Adapted from Les Petit Chef
Ingredients serve 4
A packet of chocolate coated teddy bear marshmallows
3 sheets of gelatine ( soak in cold water)
100ml liquid cream
450g chestnut spread
4 ramekins or mini cake rings
For whipped cream:
200 ml liquid cream
5 tbsp icing sugar
1) Heat liquid cream but do not bring it to a boil. Remove from heat & add in gelatine. Stir till well;
2) Fold in chestnut spread till all combined.
3) On a plate , place chocolate coated marshmallow on the side of the ring. Spoon chestnut mixture. Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
4) For whipped cream: Beat liquid cream till foamy, add in sugar & whisk till stiff peaks.
5) Topped the chestymellow with whipped cream & some cherries.
I'm sharing this recipe with Fabulous Fridays
Finally summer is approaching just by the look of these roses from my garden ! It is such a joy to see them blooming that really makes my day!
Paul Bucuse Rose