Monday, June 18, 2012

Coffee Cheesecake For Father’s Day


  



Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 7
It was now his object to marry. He was rich, and being turned on shore, fully intended to settle as soon as he could be properly tempted; actually looking round, ready to fall in love with all the speed which a clear head and a quick taste could allow. He had a heart for either of the Miss Musgroves, if they could catch it; a heart, in short, for any pleasing young woman who came in his way, excepting Anne Elliot.  This was his only secret exception, when he said to his sister, in answer to her suppositions:
"Yes, here I am, Sophia, quite ready to make a foolish match. Anybody between fifteen and thirty may have me for asking. A little beauty, and a few smiles, and a few compliments to the navy, and I am a lost man. Should not this be enough for a sailor, who has had no society among women to make him nice?"
He said it, she knew, to be contradicted.  His bright proud eye spoke the conviction that he was nice; and Anne Elliot was not out of his thoughts, when he more seriously described the woman he should wish to meet with. "A strong mind, with sweetness of manner," made the first and the last of the description.
"That is the woman I want," said he.  "Something a little inferior I shall of course put up with, but it must not be much.  If I am a fool, I shall be a fool indeed, for I have thought on the subject more than most men."




Coffee Cheesecake
Adapted of Andy Harris from  Jamie Oliver & Co cookbook- Desserts

Ingredients:

For chocolate base:
190g flour
70g cocoa powder
230g cool unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
110g powdered sugar
1 pinch of salt

For coffee cream filling:
4 eggs
680g Philadelphia cream cheese
450g thick or double cream
200g powdered sugar
200 ml espresso
Cocoa powder for topping

For coffee caramel:
100 ml espresso
65 ml liquid cream
80g brown sugar
70g butter

Directions:

  
For the chocolate base:
 Beat butter, flour cocoa powder & sugar till dough. Press evenly the dough onto the bottom of the 20cm greased spring form pan. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 150°C (th.5) & bake for 35 to 40 minutes & let to cool.
 

For coffee cream filling:
 Beat cream cheese till smooth; add in sugar & mix well. Gradually add in eggs , one at a time & beat continuously. Fold in double cream with espresso till well combined. Spread cream filling on top of chocolate base & smooth with spatula. Place cake pan in a baking pan. Pour water into the baking pan (be careful not to pour any water into the cream cheese mixture) so that the water level is halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Cook for 75 to 90 minutes in 150°C heated oven. Let it to cool before placing it in refrigerator for at least 5 hours.


For the coffee caramel sauce:
Place all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat. Bring it to a boil for 3 to 4 minutes & stir till the sauce thicken a little & leave to cool.

Remove coffee cheesecake from cake pan & sprinkle some cocoa powder on top. Serve with coffee caramel sauce.


Bon Appetit


I’m also entering this recipe for We Should Cocoa challenge hosted this month by TheKitchen Maid & also co-hosted by Choclette of Chocolate Log Blog. This month is one of my favourite theme & it’s all about COFFEE! 



I've made another mini coffee cheesecake for my dear friend Joshua who was hospitalized after a car accident last Tuesday. Wishing him a speedy recovery.


*J'espère que tu te reposes bien au chaud, que tu reprends tes forces aussi, que tu gardes le moral haut et que le temps s'écoule bien vite.
J'espère surtout , que tu puisses retrouver une santé meilleure.
Guéris vite Joshua.

Bisous,
Y.Kit*






34 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Perfect for Father's Day as I'm sure most dads will like coffee and cheesecake, mine included. beautiful pics as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit,
    It has ben a while since my last visit.. Was on 3 weeks off from blogging... Still loves your garden concept photo shoots.. LOVE cheezy cake very much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful cake with lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cake and looks so good! I love coffee! Your slice of cake looks heavenly delicious! I have not eaten a cheese cake for ages! Isn' it great when a new recipe you've tried turned out a winner? I did not realise that JO has a book on desserts!!
    Your plate is sitting on a spread of yellow sunshine! The flowers are beautiful, yellow has always been my favourite colour for flowers! Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great treat for Father's day! All the men including your Dad in your house must be very happy eating this cake :D

    Just realised that you baked this cake from Jamie Oliver's book... Can you bake something from this book for the forthcoming Cook like a Star event starting in 1st July? Jamie Oliver is the July theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm...so tempting..wish I can have as slice...sitting in your garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this cookbook here but I will take this recipe home now becoz I also like the combo of this cheesecake flavour. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kit , I just LOVE this cake that I had to check our local library's online catalogue right away for Jamie O's book ! Sadly , no listing of that book pfffttt :P :D I would love to bake this sometime ! Will have to steal your recipe , okay ?! hahaha And if you still have some coffee-based baked goodies in your arsenal , do blog about it ! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so lovely. I want to jump in the pictures and take a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only do I adore baking with coffee, Kit I love cooking with it too. It makes a great marinade! So you offer all the coffee recipes you like. I'm sure I will enjoy each and every one:)

    Now, as for your Coffee Cheesecake tribute, oh my heavens yes!!! It is gorgeous! I can only imagine the creamy goodness.

    Thank you so much for sharing, I do hope your friend recovers quickly:)

    P.S. We're playing the Picnic Game over at my blog, if you have a moment, check it out. We'd love for you to join us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look wonderful! You make your cakes just so perfect. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mouth watering ;)) and just to tell u im just completing ur 100th follower. lucky me...

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, it does not only look delicious but it also looks so beautiful! a wonderful cheese cake indeed! and you seem to have an endless supply of gorgeous flowers from your garden. they evoke so much joy & romance!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a tasty fathers' day treat! Absolutely delish cheese cake and (as usual) the roses are simply gorgeous. Your post is a treat for eyes.
    You deserve a BIG hug for this beautiful creation dear.
    xoxo
    Anuja
    p.s. I hope your friend is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kit, I love anything coffee, a coffee addict. LOL

    Your coffee cheesecake look soooo good and very beautiful.
    You're really excellent.
    As usual your presentation are superb and flowers from your garden are really gorgeous. 2 thumbs up for you.

    Have a nice week ahead. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cake looks so tempting and the coffee filling really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I love how chunky the base is! it looks delicious and I'm in love with your purple Kitchenaid! I wish they'd had them in purple when I bought mine back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks great. I like coffee in puddings so you can never post too many!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kit, this coffee cheesecake looks awesome!!! it must be yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful dessert! I love coffee flavored creams, so I know I would love your creation. Have a wonderful day. Blessings. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. not only it looks delicious, the caramel is making me drooling!! rich and creamy...i'm gonna be in heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. loved the cake and presentation as well.....super yum

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Jamie Oliver and this cake is making my mouth water so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic cheesecake! I love the thick chocolate base...and coffee flavored desserts are one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kit! You're going on a picnic and you're bringing the letter N Oh my goody goodness, I can't wait!!! "See" you there:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. If I were a dad and someone made this for me, I would be very very touched! It looks absolutely gorgeous kit, and the combinaion of coffee in a cheesecake is just delish!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sure its going to be anyone's favorite with the lovely flavors in there :)Love the coffee and chocolate combo, always a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow this looks amazing,I could just eat a very big piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh my. i just made myself a fruit salad for breakfast. after seeing this, i don't quite feel like fruit anymore... you make the most beautiful cakes dear Kit!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks great! I love cheesecake but I've never tried a coffee flavoured version.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your photographs are always so magnificent Kit. I don't like coffee, but I so want to tuck into a slice of this cheesecake - you've made it look very tempting. Thanks for sharing your dad's cheesecake with We Should Cocoa :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'll bookmark this post. I'll be preparing this for father's day. thanks for sharing selle d agneau recette

    ReplyDelete