Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
He had been most warmly attached to her, and had never seen a woman since whom he thought her equal; but, except from some natural sensation of curiosity, he had no desire of meeting her again. Her power with him was gone for ever.
Espresso Créme Brulée
Ingredients serve 4
5 egg yolks
500 ml liquid cream
100 ml espresso
1) Preheat oven to 100°C
2) Beat egg yolks & sugar till creamy.
3) Add in liquid cream , espresso & beat till well combined.
4) Pour in ramekins & cook in the oven for 1 hour.
5) Leave to cool before placing them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
6) Sprinkle brown sugar on top of crème & use a burner to caramelize it.
Prunus Serrulata from our garden