Friday, June 29, 2012

Matcha Scones







Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 8
"I might not like them the better for that perhaps.  Such a number of women and children have no right to be comfortable on board."
"My dear Frederick, you are talking quite idly.  Pray, what would become of us poor sailors' wives, who often want to be conveyed to one port or another, after our husbands, if everybody had your feelings?"
"My feelings, you see, did not prevent my taking Mrs Harville and all her family to Plymouth."
"But I hate to hear you talking so like a fine gentleman, and as if women were all fine ladies, instead of rational creatures.  We none of us expect to be in smooth water all our days."
"Ah! my dear," said the Admiral, "when he had got a wife, he will sing a different tune.  When he is married, if we have the good luck to live to another war, we shall see him do as you and I, and a great many others, have done.  We shall have him very thankful
to anybody that will bring him his wife."

"Ay, that we shall."
"Now I have done," cried Captain Wentworth.  "When once married people begin to attack me with,--`Oh! you will think very differently, when you are married.'  I can only say, `No, I shall not;' and then they say again, `Yes, you will,' and there is an end of it."




Matcha Scones
Inspired from BBC Food. Com

Ingredients:

55g butter
25g caster sugar
225g self raising flour
1 tablespoon of Matcha powder
pinch of salt
1 egg
150 ml milk

Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 220°C  & grease  baking tray/ sheet


2)      Combine flour, salt & Matcha powder & rub in the butter till  dry & flaky.

3)      Add I sugar & milk to get a soft dough.


4)      Knead the dough on a floured work surface &  try to pat out to a round 2 cm thick.  Using a 5 cm round ring cutter to and cut out shapes  & place them on baking tray/ sheet.  


5)      Brush egg white on top of the scones & Bake for 12 to 15 mins till well risen & slightly  brown.  Serve the scones warm, cut in half & with fresh whipped cream or jams.






I'm linking this recipe to  Free  & Easy  Bake - Along hosted by  Joyce of  Kitchen  Flavors Lena  of  Frozen  Wings   Zoe  of  Bake  For  Happy  Kids. And the theme for this time is SCONES








28 comments:

  1. Calorie burner ?! Yes , please ! :D I love tea but haven't tried matcha yet :P Matcha scones sounds delicious ! Throw some of that pretty calorie burner over here ! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... How I wish I can throw these scones over to you so that calorie burner can work out while we eat as much as we want! LOL Your comment always brightens up my day! HUGS =)

      Delete
  2. Matcha scones... This is new... I bet they must be delicious..., w e whipped cream.!!! Love the way u decorated them, plus yr garden???? OM G, how envy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words. They taste great with whipped cream. But I haven't try with jam yet. I spent an hour a day just to maintain my garden: Quite a lot of work especially after the rain. And how my roses suffered after the rain storm & petals were everywhere. This pictures were taken at the cleanest part of the garden! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Kit, wow.... love your scones. So cute and very well bake. Love how you pipe the whipped cream on the scones, very nice.

    Pass 2 pieces over here for my breakfast... LOL
    Lovely presentation feel like having breakfast with you outside the garden. hahaha

    Pssttt... I'm inviting you over to my place for something you miss slurping.....and with Leng Chais too. LOL

    Have a lovely weekend. with hugs and kisses to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia, I'm burning the midnight oil & it's gonna be 3.00a.m! LOL It will be great to have you over for breakfast but bring along Leng Chais, O.kay! LOL missing some real Leng Chais mann! hahahah I really need to go & get some sleep! But before I do that I must hop over to your place & see whose the Leng Chai this time & what yummy desert you've prepared for us! LOL see you there, dear friend! Have a wonderful weekend. HUGS =)

      Delete
  4. Kit, this is a great idea, adding matcha to scones! I love matcha and would love to try out your idea of putting them into scones sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scones, Kit! A great twist with the use of matcha powder. I would never have thought of using it in scones. Brilliant! I would love to have one with cream too. Calorie burner? Well, don't mind if I have two, please!!
    Thank you for baking along with us. Wish you a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont think i've come across matcha scones..authentic!! Looks cute when you cut them into half..like it's wearing a hat! LOL! did you just say calorie burner?? looks like we really need some matcha after the 'picnic' !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scones look delicious even if they weren't quite what you wanted them to be. I've never worked with macha powder and I probably should remedy that. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen matcha scones before - they look delicious and a real bonus if they are a calorie burner :) love the piping detail too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore matcha flaouvred food. These scones look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is for me! i love matcha! but unfortunately not my family...but never mind, i can eat it on my own LOL
    such a lovely shape and look at how u pipe the filling...really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm I've seen plenty of matcha bakes - matcha cakes, matcha cookies, matcha ice cream... it's the first I heard of matcha scones! What an ingenious flavour compbination. Yours look really soft and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm you say matcha is a calorie burner, gosh I've been missing out, its everywhere in Japan lol. I'm going to start drinking eat immediately when I get back. Oh yeah and try this tasty scone recipe with matcha. Lovely idea adding the whipped cream :) mmm mmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh now, matcha scones, there's a thing. I love matcha in baking, but I haven't tried it in scones - will have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made matcha scones a few months ago but they don't look as pretty as yours! I found that it pairs really well with clotted cream or lemon curd!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw I do love me some scones with green tea on a nice lazy afternoon. Now you've actually added tea into the scones, hah! what a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beauty. And its healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely scones. I didnt know matcha is calorie burner - I learnt something new.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These scones look lovely. I have heard of matcha, but have never tried it. I like the fact that it is a calorie burner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kit,
    I love Matcha, adding into scones, is a brilliant idea.
    Love the way you shape them and all your pictures in your lovely garden.
    Yes, Matcha is a calories burner and I add another tips if you don't mind it's also helps lower cholesterol too.
    Can I have a piece with whipped cream please?..: )

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bet this are great with a cup of coffee. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely scones....what is Matcha powder? Never even heard of it, need to figure it out....loved reading the passage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely looking scones.I just love matcha and can imagine the delicious taste in these beauties :)Need to get some and start making smoothies with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look perfect for a tea party! I've only baked with Matcha once (shortbread cookies) and I enjoyed them a lot, so I'm sure I'd love these scones (and all of your delicious desserts!).

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love matcha too but never come across adding into scone. Your scone is sound healthy as less butter added.

    ReplyDelete