Jane Austen moment in Persuasion.
Chapter 7Soon, however, she began to reason with herself, and try to be feeling less. Eight years, almost eight years had passed, since all had been given up. How absurd to be resuming the agitation which such an interval had banished into distance and indistinctness! What might not eight years do? Events of every description, changes, alienations, removals--all, all must be comprised in it, and oblivion of the past how natural, how certain too! It included nearly a third part of her own life.
Alas! with all her reasoning, she found, that to retentive feelings eight years may be little more than nothing.
Now, how were his sentiments to be read? Was this like wishing to avoid her? And the next moment she was hating herself for the folly which asked the question.
Pandan & Strawberry Layer Cake
For pandan cake
5 egg whites
A pinch of salt
5 egg yolks
150g self raising flour
½ tsp pandan paste
¼ tsp pandan essence
2 x 20 cm cake pan
For Strawberry Cream
400g strawberries (mix till puree)
400 ml liquid cream
7 sheets of gelatines ( soak in cold water)
½ tsp of pandan essence
For pandan cream Frosting:
350 ml liquid cream
100g icing sugar
2 drops of red food colouring
1) For strawberry cream: Pour water & sugar in sauce pan & bring it to a boil over medium heat. Remove gelatine from cold water & add into the syrup & stir well. Remove from heat & add in strawberry puree.
2) Whisk liquid cream with pandan essence till stiff peak. Gradually add in strawberry mixture with a wooden spatula till all combined. Place in refrigerator.
3) For pandan cake: Preheat oven to 180°C & grease 2 x 20cm cake pan. Whisk egg white till foamy & gradually add in sugar. Beat till stiff peaks.
4) In a bowl , beat egg yolks till creamy. Fold egg yolks into egg white mixture till well combined.
5) Fold in flour & stir very lightly. Add in pandan paste & essence. Mix well till all combined. Pour batter in both cake pan evenly. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes till golden brown. Let it to cool before slicing it into 2 layers for each cake.
6) Spread evenly strawberry cream on layered cake
7) For cream frosting: Whisk liquid cream till foamy, add in icing sugar & red food colouring. Beat till stiff peak. Spread all over the cake & Chill cake for at least 2 hours before serve.
I'm entering this post to Bake Along event celebrating their 1st Anniversary hosted by Zoe at Bake For Happy Kids, Joyce Of Kitchen Flavours & Lena of Frozen Wings.
Our Strawberry patch