Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blackcurrant , Almond Cream Tart with Violet & White Chocolate Cream Frosting




 








Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 9

As to Captain Wentworth's views, she deemed it of more consequence that he should know his own mind early enough not to be endangering the happiness of either sister, or impeaching his own honour, than that he should prefer Henrietta to Louisa, or Louisa to Henrietta.  Either of them would, in all probability, make him an affectionate, good-humoured wife.  With regard to Charles Hayter, she had delicacy which must be pained by any lightness of conduct in a well-meaning young woman, and a heart to sympathize in any of the sufferings it occasioned; but if Henrietta found herself mistaken in the nature of her feelings, the alternation could not be understood too soon.




Blackcurrant & Almond Cream Tart with White Chocolate Cream

Ingredients for 6 tarts

For pastry:
150g flour
50g butter (cut in small pieces)
1 tbsp sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 egg

For almond cream
100g almond powder
100g sugar
100g soften butter
2 eggs( lightly beaten)
20g cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp rum

80g blackcurrant  + 20g for deco

For white chocolate cream frosting
1 cup of double cream
125g white chocolate chips
1 tsp violet essence

Directions


1) For pastry : Combine flour, sugar, salt in a bowl & rub in butter. Add in eggs & & knead till smooth dough.  Place in a polybag & chill for 30 minutes.


2) For almond cream: Mix sugar & butter together. Add in egg & stir well. Fold in ground almond, cornstarch, vanilla extract & rum till well combined. Place in the refrigerator.


 3) Remove pastry from refrigerator & place the dough on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin that is absolutely straight. Lightly dust it with flour and place it in the centre of the dough. Roll the dough up onto the rolling pin and gently unroll it over one of the prepared tart pans. Press the dough into the pan and roll the pin over the top of the pan to remove the excess dough. Chill it them for another 30 minutes.

4) Preheat oven to 180°C


5) Spoon in a layer of almond cream into the pastry dough & add in blackcurrant. Topped with another layer of almond cream. Bake for 30 minutes & leave to cool.


6) For frosting:  Heat double cream on double boiler. Remove from heat & dd in white chocolate chips & violet essence . Stir well till combined. Leave to cool before chilling it. After well chilled, beat white chocolate cream mixture till fluffy. Frost by piping the white chocolate cream & decorate with fresh blackcurrant. 





I’m entering this recipe to We Should Cocoa challenge hosted by  Choclette from  Chocolate Log Blog . This month theme is blackcurrant





Hydrangea from my garden




30 comments:

  1. I've never eaten or cooked with violet essence before. These little tarts look so pretty and I'm sure they are also very, very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, and I mean both the flowers and the tart! Lovely combination of violets and blackcurrants. I also like almond cream in my tarts and I m excited now to try your version by adding the rum.
    A big hug to you dear and have a wonderful day!
    xoxo
    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tarts are looking gorgeous. I love your presentation and with all those flowers, oh my! I envy you guys over there that you can just go out and pick whatever berries that you want and not pay a cent for it. In my part of the world, we are not as lucky..we have to pay for the berries and leave a gap in our pocket too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit, your almond cream tart look so pretty and awesome. Love your cute decoration, the texture look good too.

    Can I have 2 pieces with a cup of coffee and admire your beautiful flowers? LOL

    Have a nice week ahead, regards and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kit! These look so pretty and I bet they taste gorgeous. I think they are a fab entry for WSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, these tarts are such looking pretty and delicious... wat more can i say about yr flowers too:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit, what lovely tarts. I wish I could have some. Love your hydrangeas... my favourite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look so sweet. Your cakes seem to come from wonderland. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply lovely Kit. I'm kinda glad you went with the Black Currants, fresher is always better:) The only thing that would make me happier at this moment would be to nibble on one:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm coming over! Got anymore? Looks so good! I love almond cakes and tarts, have not tried fresh blackcurrants before! Seen them last week at a store selling imported fruits and boy are they expensive! I'm so envious, a basket full! Gorgeous hydrangeas (I'm envious of this too!) Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These tarts look so pretty ! I'm sure it tastes delicious as well ! I wish I have that beautiful hydrangeas when I was taking some photos of my tarts this afternoon ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. These tartlets look so lovely with black currants. You have a wonderful garden ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sounding tarts - a really good solution for a difficult combination of flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These tarts are gorgeous. I bet they taste as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tarts look so pretty and good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kit, you always take such stunning photographs. You are a star for entering this given that you don't like blackcurrants. I do hope these tarts have changed your mind a little. They look magnificent and sound very tasty indeed. I love the idea of violet flavouring in there too. Thanks very much for entering WSC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely compliments. I had great fun trying out recipes for WSC challenge. & find it very rewarding & learned something new every single time. Yes, now I do like blackcurrants & was very pleased with the result! I thought it would be lovely to add some floral essence to this tarts , made them more decadent & romantic! LOL I hope I've achieved it! It's been a great pleasure to join WSC each month & try some wonderful recipes & also let my imaginations run wild! LOL Have a lovely day, Choclette! Can't wait to see the WSC round-up! =)

      Delete
  17. They really look gorgeous. I have not tasted black currant in any baking item.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Choclette's WSC challenge and your tarts are simply gorgeous! I love the colors and how you've studded each with blackcurrants... I'm featuring this post in today's Food Fetish Friday (with a link-back and attribution). I hope you have no objections and thanks for creating such amazing food…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind & encouraging words! It's always a privilege for me that you've chosen one of my post to feature in your Food Fetish Friday. Thank you again for dropping by & wish you a wonderful day! =)

      Delete
  19. Just gorgeous! I love how you've piped the frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really loving your recipe!!! These tarts reminded me my first journey in England, when I was 12!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These tarts look fantastic!!! I love the tart berries with the sweet almond cream. And you've made them so beautiful!! Have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look amazing,wow I love your tart cases I need one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those look SO beautiful and would make a GREAT entry to Tea Time Treats too! I LOVE the way you piped the cream on top and they are so elegant, as usual, your photos are FAB too! Karen playing catch up! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  24. why why why...why are you making me drooling? these look impressive..cant remember seeing fresh blackcurrants here at my place except for ribena..haha! i'm really hungry now..waiting to go out for dinner. i wished that i can put one fo these straight into my mouth right now! also the frosting method is new to me, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so cute! love the mini size and purple colour and the white chocolate cream frosting sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you again dear friends for dropping by & your ever encouraging words that brighten up my day. God bless you all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love, love, love this post! the tarts look delicious and your photographs are amazing. Congratulations I'm your newest fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are absolutely beautiful, and they look delicious too. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete