Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
She wished it might be possible for her to avoid ever seeing Captain Wentworth at the Hall: those rooms had witnessed former meetings which would be brought too painfully before her;
but she was yet more anxious for the possibility of Lady Russell and Captain Wentworth never meeting anywhere. They did not like each other, and no renewal of acquaintance now could do any good; and were Lady Russell to see them together, she might think that he had too much self-possession, and she too little.
The conclusion of her visit, however, was diversified in a way which she had not at all imagined. Captain Wentworth, after being unseen and unheard of at Uppercross for two whole days, appeared again among them to justify himself by a relation of what had kept him away.
Chocolate & Espelette pepper Whoopie Pie with Mango, Espellete pepper filling
Whoopie pie recipe inspired fromLa Tarte au Formarche
Recipe of mango filling inspired from Maxi Bon App’ cookbook
120g butter (room temperature)
5g of baking powder
50g cocoa powder
1 tbsp of Espelette pepper or Cayenne pepper
For Mango & Espellete filling:
1 ripe mango (cut in pieces)
½ lime juice
½ packet of agar-agar
2 tsbp of brown sugar
1 tsp Espelette pepper
1) 1) For mango filling: On medium heat , combine mango pieces lime juice, brown sugar & Espelette pepper. Bring to a boil for 3 to 4 minutes & stir well. Delude agar-gar with a little water & add into the mango mixture & bring to a boil . Stir well till all combined & thicken to compote texture. Remove from heat & pour in mixer & mix till smooth. Let to cool before chilling it.
2) Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease whoopee pie pan or a baking tray.
3) Sift flour , cocoa powder & baking powder in a bowl. Beat butter & sugar till creamy.
4) Add in Espelette pepper & eggs gradually . Beat till well combined.
5) Fold in flour & alternate with milk & stir till all well incorporated.
6) Using a piping bag or an ice-cream scoop to scoop a dollop on whoopee pie pan or baking tray or piped with a piping bag on baking tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let to cool.
7) Using a piping bag to added the mango filling on cake. Sprinkle some Espellete pepper on top of the whoopee pie.
Submitting this post to Bake Along bloghop with the theme Whoopie Pie.