Thursday, August 9, 2012

Moelleux Au Chocolat Caramel









Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter  10

Other opportunities of making her observations could not fail to occur.  Anne had soon been in company with all the four together often enough to have an opinion, though too wise to acknowledge as much at home, where she knew it would have satisfied neither husband nor wife; for while she considered Louisa to be rather the favourite, she could not but think, as far as she might dare to judge from memory and experience, that Captain Wentworth was not in love with either.  They were more in love with him; yet there it was not love.  It was a little fever of admiration; but it might, probably must, end in love with some.  Charles Hayter seemed aware of being slighted, and yet Henrietta had sometimes the air of being divided between them.  Anne longed for the power of representing to them all what they were about, and of pointing out some of the evils they were exposing themselves to.  She did not attribute guile to any.  It was the highest satisfaction to her to believe Captain Wentworth not in the least aware of the pain he was occasioning.  There was no triumph, no pitiful triumph in his manner.  He had, probably, never heard, and never thought of any claims of Charles Hayter.  He was only wrong in accepting the attentions (for accepting must be the word) of two young women at once.






Moelleux Au Chocolat Caramel

Ingrédients for 8

125g dark chocolate
8 squares of  Nestlé caramel chocolate
125g butter
2 eggs + 2 yolks
50g sugar
40g flour
8 Custard cups/ ramekins ( I’ve used muffin pans)

 Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 200°C. Greased custard cups or ramekins.


2)      Melt butter & dark chocolate on double boiler/ bain Marie till silky texture.


3)      Whisk eggs & yolks with sugar. Fold in flour & melted chocolate till well combined.


4)      Pour half the batter on custard cups or ramekins & place a chocolate caramel square in the centre. Topped with the rest of the batter. Bake for 12 minutes. Invert it onto dessert plates. Serve immediately.






Bon Appetit


32 comments:

  1. Kit love this look really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit, How you doin'? I'm back from hiatus, posted a ice cream recipe yesterday.

    Your this chocolate caramel is to die for type. The filling is awesome, wish I can have 2 pieces now.LOL

    As usual your flowers from the garden are really gorgeous.... Love this and the colour is different from other flowers. Nice presentation and I love the plate too :)

    Have a nice weekend, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I love that it's not just molten, but caramel molten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, and I like the idea of putting chocolate caramel in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kit, it looks divine with all that chocolate oozing out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kit,

    This little chocolate cake look wonderful with a nice and creamy surprise inside... Nice!

    Btw, sorry for the little confusion of the coming Cook like a Star Masterchef theme. You can bake or cook recipes from the contestants, judges or even sponsors of Masterchef from any countries. No worries and stress with the recipes that you choose to cook... It's all about fun, learning and making friends :D

    Zoe

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caramel is my fave as well ! As long as it's not burnt ! lol The ooey gooey center makes me drool ! Chocolate and caramel combo sounds heavenly in this decadent dessert !

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is 100% absolute yummehhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply wonderful. I love this chocolate heart. Divine. I always find it difficult to make this myself. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kit, this is definitely one of my fav toooooo.... wah, choc oozing.... mmmmm.... yummy....:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your melting moment .... oozing with melted chocolate, must be divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a sucker for melting centres! This is too difficult to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caramel is one of my weaknesses, too - along with chocolate. So I know I'd be unable to resist this delicious dessert. Those green roses are so pretty and different!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks divine! Love the oozing caramel filling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dessert! Wish I could have one too! The roses are beautiful, yellow with a tinge of green? How special, have not seen it before!
    Hope your hand is fast recovering now, it must be difficult, not baking! On the other hand (LOL), it must be nice to take a break! Am I making sense??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kit,
    Howz your hand? Hope you are feeling better!
    The dessert looks so inviting. I just want to grab a spoon and dig into it :D. Love the caramel center.
    Mwaaaaah dear! Get well soon.
    xoxo
    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  17. The best dessert to have in winter, can we have this together?

    ReplyDelete
  18. irresistible!! i want some dessert right now and looking at these is torturing, lady!i want your melting moments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Kit!!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me. What a scrumptious looking bite from heaven!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo i can almost picture myself licking off the choc. Really nice dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my dear deliciousness! I love chocolate and caramel and right at the moment I feel an urge to run to the kitchen and make this! Have a great week my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A decadent piece of work! Usual awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh you had me at caramel!This looks heavenly and I'm craving for a bite soo bad :)Lovely recipe Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kit,

    Saw your comment at my blog. Can't wait to see your French Masterchef masterpieces :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, these look amazing! I want a melting moment too! hehe, and your raspberry ones look so tasty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks amazing, I'd love a spoonful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kit, How you doin'? You hand fully recover already?

    Drop by to let you know I got 4 awards for you and six pack leng chai to admire. LOL

    Have a nice day, regards. With hugs and lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Kit, they look amazing! I would have a dozen here with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank so much for your amazing supports & lovely kind words! God bless you all my friends! =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow this looks amazing!! my kind of dessert - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Kit,
    This is a really beautiful piece of desert.
    Love it so much. I must bookmark this.
    Hope your have recovered and well by now.
    Take care and all the best..:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now this is my kind of dessert - so wish I had one of these waiting for me when I get home from work this evening!!!

    ReplyDelete