I’m sure by now most of you know how much I adore flowers & I just can’t help but by adding some rose essence into these whoopie pies with Donna Hay’s marshmallow icing recipe .. I’m sure it’s not a surprise that I’m using a floral mould to bake these whoopee pies too . The flower power again ! LOL Instead of adding one ice-cream scoop of batter, I’ve only added 1 tablespoon of batter for each mould . Glad that I did & it was just the perfect shape & thickness . To be honest ,I ‘m not keen of marshmallow but these swirled marshmallows were so cute that I wanted to make something with it ! Luckily my boys love marshmallows . I was not sure about this marshmallow icing to begin with but honestly it was divine ! Just imagine a lovely cotton candy flavour cream with a rose scented cake . Simply amazing! I’ve never thought that rose & marshmallow can make such a perfect combo . So now , does this whoopie pie remind you of something ? A carousel perhaps ? LOL
Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
Rose Whoopie Pie with Marshmallow Icing
Marshmallow cream filling adapted from Donna Hay
Yields for 20 whoopie pies
120g butter (room temperature)
5g of baking powder
2 drop of rose essence
100g marshmallows cut into half
For marshmallow cream filling:
60g white chocolate, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease whoopee pie pan or a baking tray.
2) Sift flour & baking powder in a bowl. Beat butter & sugar till creamy.
3) Add in vanilla extract & eggs gradually . Beat till well combined.
4) Fold in flour & alternate with milk & stir till all well incorporated.
5) Using a piping bag or an ice-cream scoop to scoop a dollop on whoopee pie pan or baking tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let to cool.
6) To make marshmallow icing: Combine marshmallow & butter in a sauce over low heat. Stir well till smooth texture. Remove from heat & stir in chopped chocolate till totally meleted & well combined. Let to cool. Decorate mini marshmallows around cake & using pipe marshmallow icing in the centre of the cake.
I’m entering this recipe to Bake Along challenge hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours , Lena of Frozen Wings & Zoe of Bake With Happy Kids.