Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strawberry Coffee Cake




 Since we are harvesting the last strawberries from our patch so I’ve decided to make this strawberry coffee cake  for The Home Bakers (THB) challenge hosted by Joyce of  Kitchen Flavours .  Currently we”re baking from  Lou Seibert Pappas's Coffee Cake cookbook .  This wonderful recipe was chosen by Alice of  I Love, I Cook , I Bake  .  





 Strawberry Coffee Cake

For this  recipe please refer to   Alice  of  ILove. I Cook. I Bake  & for more  lovely bakes from all the members of  The Home Bakers  (THB)   click HERE.



1) Beat cream cheese, butter & sugar till light & fluffy. Stir in milk, eggs & vanilla.


2) Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt till well combined. Add in cheese mixture & stir till well blended. Pour batter into baking pan.


3) Topped with sliced strawberries. Spread the remaining batter on strawberries & sprinkle evenly brown sugar & nuts over the batter. Bake for 40 minutes till golden brown.





Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 10

 After one of the many praises of the day, which were continually bursting forth, Captain Wentworth added:  
"What glorious weather for the Admiral and my sister!  They meant to take a long drive this morning; perhaps we may hail them from some of these hills.  They talked of coming into this side of the country.  I wonder whereabouts they will upset to-day.  Oh! it does happen
very often, I assure you; but my sister makes nothing of it; she would as lieve be tossed out as not."

"Ah! You make the most of it, I know," cried Louisa, "but if it were really so, I should do just the same in her place.  If I loved a man, as she loves the Admiral, I would always be with him, nothing should ever separate us, and I would rather be overturned by him, than driven safely
by anybody else."

It was spoken with enthusiasm.
"Had you?" cried he, catching the same tone; "I honour you!"  And there was silence between them for a little while.
Anne could not immediately fall into a quotation again.  The sweet scenes of autumn were for a while put by, unless some tender sonnet, fraught with the apt analogy of the declining year, with declining happiness, and the images of youth and hope, and spring, all gone together, blessed her memory.  She roused herself to say, as they struck by order into another path, "Is not this one of the ways to Winthrop?"  But nobody heard, or, at least, nobody answered her.





24 comments:

  1. Have I missed something? Hope you're ok - sorry I've been quite behind with blog reading lately. My blog has caused me to pile on the pounds too so well done for losing 5kg!! This looks so pretty and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ros. Yes, I'm feeling better after few weeks of rest & mainly can't use my left hand after my cycling accident. I've put on 10kg since I started blogging 1 year ago! I think I'll gain back quite fast at the rate I'm baking. Which was twice a week! LOL

      Delete
  2. Ah Kit look absolutely nice! Love the pictures and I miss. You:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gloria for your kind words! I hope I'm back for good! =)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kit,

    Are you losing weight because of not baking or stress? Or just want to lose weight?
    I think baking can be quite harmful to our waistline. Baking and "tasting" a little here and there can be a lot eventually.

    As always, your bake is so pretty. Love the way how you cut your strawberry cakes.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... Thanks Zoe! Actually I was trying very hard to lose some weight for the past few months. But it seem so difficult when all these baking! hahahaha I think is mainly the stress that I'm losing so much weight & not forgetting the pain that I suffered , can't sleep at night too. Lost appetite & all , so ya... the STRESS! =)

      Delete
  4. What lovely presentation. They look so pretty and I love each little individual cake like that. So cute (And so tasty!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit, hope everything well with you! I think I need to go on a diet myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks very pretty! And I'm glad that you are back in baking! Lost 5kg? Now you can bake more!! hahahahaha!
    This cake is absolutely delicious! Everyone who has baked it, loved it, the texture of the cake is simply perfect with the cream cheese! A keeper recipe indeed! Take care, Kit, don't be a superwoman! Try to rest! (and bake, if you must! I know-lah, "beh-tahan" when you see your baking buddies showcasing their delicious bakes!!) hahahaha!
    Take care! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, how lovely you hv baked tis cake & cupcakes... they look simply awesome... i like to have one now....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, lost 5kg! I hope you're doing fine, Kit, and is feeling better. Love the strawberry cupcakes with pistachios. Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that you're okay , Kit :) 5 kg ?! That's really great ! I don't know what to do with my extra 20 kg here ! lol Love these delicious summery dessert ! The ground pistachio topping is a nice touch !

    ReplyDelete
  10. you serious, 5 kg? it's a lot! i would love to lose a few kilos too but lookinag the the rate that i'm baking, it's quite impossible! your cakes are very pretty, also love that generous amount of nuts on your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eileen, Hundred Eighty DegreesAugust 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM

    I5kgs! That's kinda tough when we eat well and sleep well. Hope you are feeling much better. Rest more, health is more important! Awesome bake: )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kit you crazy girl..5 kgs!! Take care dear and, cant stress more, eat healthy.
    Lovely presentation. I had to make mine with blueberries. But it tasted great.
    Lots of hugs!!!
    xo
    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! love the way you cut them out to form those pretty little shapes! and I love the idea of having fresh strawberries in them - so delish! It sounds like all us baking bloggers are in need of a cycling accident, I could do with a weight loss like that! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean about missing cooking so much but you need to listen to your own body & make the right decision. Hopefully your hand will be recovered soon!lovely small pieces of these strawberry coffee cakes, and you know I love all your flowers so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO lovely made into individual coffee cakes! Great idea! I'm so sorry about your hand...hope you'll be good as new very soon~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kit, you did an awesome job in shaping the cake with cutter and the pistachio is a delicious twist!
    btw, wat happened to u? i hope u're allright!
    losing 5 kg is really a lot considering the time span...
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kit, i didn't know you're still having problems with your hand... so, great job! These cakes are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You never cease to amaze me with all your yummy bakes and with your settings. I just love your garden and gorgeous snaps..love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no Kit. I must have been sadly remiss as I had no idea you were out of action. Was it an accident? Very glad to hear you are back in your kitchen though and all is hopefully well.

    Your cakes look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG this is just absolutely beautiful!! I love the way you present all your bakes - gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete