Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Poached Pear with Roquefort Cheese, Chives & Almond






Roquefort cheese or blue cheese is not my favorite cheese , in fact I don’t even like it but my hubby loves it . This is his favorite appetizer , poached pears with Roquefort cheese .  The recipe usually calls for walnut  &  I’ve came across another recipe from the cookbook MasterChef (France) using almond .  A recipe from Baïa , one of the contestant of the first season MasterChef France .  Believe it or not, I’ve tried it, just a little for my blog .  I find that the crème fraiche added has made the Roquefort cheese less pungent &  more creamier  to the taste .  The fresh chives & almonds  gave a more refine taste to the whole combinations  .  Great with some salad ,  edible flowers  .  But I’m still not keen of this cheese yet but I’m curious of how this cheese taste like as a dessert .  I’ve come across a dessert using Roquefort cheese & my hubby is VERY looking forward to try it  !  LOL  Well, I guess I have to give it a try  myself . Never tried ,never know! 




Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 11

Anne found herself by this time growing so much more hardened to being in Captain Wentworth's company than she had at first imagined could ever be, that the sitting down to the same table with him now, and the interchange of the common civilities attending on it (they never got beyond), was become a mere nothing. The nights were too dark for the ladies to meet again till the morrow, but Captain Harville had promised them a visit in the evening; and he came, bringing his friend also, which was more than had been expected, it having been agreed that Captain Benwick had all the appearance of being oppressed by the presence of so many strangers.  He ventured among them again, however, though his spirits certainly did not seem fit for the mirth of the party in general.




Poached Pear with Roquefort Cheese, Chives & Almond


Ingredients serve 4
4  Conference  pears
200g Roquefort cheese (blue cheese)
100g crème fraiche
50g chopped almond
Handful of chopped chives
Lemon juice

Directions:


1)      Peel, cut it in half lengthwise &  use a melon baler to core ( remove seeds) .


2)      Poached pears in salted boiling water for 2 minute & remove from boiling water . Sprinkle with some lemon juice.
 
3)      Mix Roquefort cheese & crème fraiche till smooth. Add in chopped almonds & chives. Stir well & spoon the cheese mixture on pears.  Topped with some chopped almonds. Serve with salads.






Linking this post to Cook Like A Star  - Cook Like MasterChef  hosted by  Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids & co hosting with Anuja of Simple Baking  together with Baby Sumo .  Join along the fun &  share some wonderful  MasterChef culinary delights  from around the world. 





21 comments:

  1. Look beautiful Kit! I love that you made with these pears and the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear Gloria. Glad that you like it. Have a lovely day ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried blue cheese before for making desserts and this combination looks wonderful... and very French too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always the pictures are awesome. Not a blue cheese fan either, so I have to take your hubby's word that it tasted great :D. So happy to have you blog hop with us :D. Thanx for a wonderful or shall I say, interesting entry.
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Lots of hugs!!
    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit, beautiful photos! I really like how you always present your food with flowers.... very very pretty.

    I am also not a fan of blue cheese but my Hubby loves it (what's with men and stinky cheese LOL), but I had it before with a sweet dessert (in a small amt) and quite liked it. Lastly, thanks for joining us in Cook Like a MasterChef :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure I would appreciate blue cheese either, but the idea of cheese on a pear really does look good! Maybe I could substitute this for another type of cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting combination! I would never have thought of stuffing pears with cheese and chives, and of course, roquefort cheese is totally foreign to me, don't even know how to pronounce it! I am so Malaysian!! Hahahaha! Looks wonderful, Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love roquefort, it is very difficult to get over here. These pears are just perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy n interesting recipe.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried blue cheese before and didn't like it ! But I'm sure I'll give it another chance , so throw a piece or two of that delectable appetizer of yours over here ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love blue cheese with pear! This looks amazing and the hubby would love it too! Deliciousness! Have a great week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, pears and blue cheese is a classic combination...love a salad with these ingredients and your pears look marvelous. Great idea to cut the bit of the cheese with some creme fraiche...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kit, Lovely and elegant presentation. Look like 5 stars leyy....I haven't try blue cheese but your poached pear look very tempting and delicious.
    Can you pass me 1 piece let me try! LOL

    As usual I love your flowers. All look so pretty.
    Have a nice day, hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good, sounds wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elegant as usual... lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never tried pears and blue cheese before. Sounds interesting. Your photos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. a combination i never try in my life, but looks mouthwatering indeed :) pretty , too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look so pretty. So creative of you to prepare pears in this way..and looks simple enough to copy..hahhaaa..nice one, Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh so roquefort is blue cheese? i'm not too keen on blue cheese , find it a little strong for me but your sweet and salty combination here might change my mind, it looks very appealing though :) so hv you made that nectarine cake?

    ReplyDelete
  20. My husband and I both love blue cheese and I love to use pears and blue cheese together in salads. So this appetizer is something we would definitely enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks again dear friends for dropping by & your kind words. Truly made my day! =)

    ReplyDelete