Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
Anne found herself by this time growing so much more hardened to being in Captain Wentworth's company than she had at first imagined could ever be, that the sitting down to the same table with him now, and the interchange of the common civilities attending on it (they never got beyond), was become a mere nothing.
Rose & Lychee Mascarpone Cream With Raspberry Entremet ( Tart sablée à la rose, crème mascarpone litchi et framboise)
Recipe inspired from Cyril Rouquet (MasterChef France)
Pink rose & coconut base:
60g Biscuit Roses De Reims (blend till powder)
125g butter ( room temperature)
2 egg yolks
5 cl rose water
20g shredded coconut ( optional)
Pinch of salt
Lychee Mascarpone Cream
200g mascarpone cream
80g lychee puree
10g vanilla sugar
2 sheets of gelatine
1) Combine flour, sugar, salt , coconut& mix well . Add in butter, egg yolks & rose water & till smooth dough. Place in a polybag & chill for 1 hours.
2) Preheat oven to 180°C Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin that is absolutely straight. Lightly dust it with flour and place it in the centre of the dough. Roll the dough up onto the rolling pin and gently unroll it over one of the prepared tart pans. Using cookie cutter to cut dough & cover with baking paper . Bake for 30 minutes & let to cool.
3) For cream filling: Separate egg white & yolk . Beat sugar & yolks till creamy & whisk egg whites till stiff peaks. Soak gelatine in cold water.
4) Heat 3 tbsp of lychee juice & add in gelatine sheet . Stir till well gelatine is fully dissolve. Combine lychee puree & lychee juice with mascarpone cream. Stir well till well combined. Add in egg yolk mixture & stir well . Gradually fold in egg white till combined.
5) Spoon in cream mixture onto pink base . Topped with raspberry & chill for at least 3 hours before served.
Linking this post to Cook Like A Star - Cook like a MasterChef hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids & co-hosting with Anuja of Simple Baking & Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.