Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Matcha & Pistachio Panna Cotta









Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 12

"Miss Elliot," said he, speaking rather low, "you have done a good deed in making that poor fellow talk so much.  I wish he could have such company oftener.  It is bad for him, I know, to be shut up as he is; but what can we do?  We cannot part."
"No," said Anne, "that I can easily believe to be impossible; but in time, perhaps--we know what time does in every case of affliction, and you must remember, Captain Harville, that your friend may yet be called a young mourner--only last summer, I understand."
"Ay, true enough," (with a deep sigh) "only June."
"And not known to him, perhaps, so soon."
"Not till the first week of August, when he came home from the Cape, just made into the Grappler.  I was at Plymouth dreading to hear of him; he sent in letters, but the Grappler was under orders for Portsmouth. There the news must follow him, but who was to tell it? not I. I would as soon have been run up to the yard-arm.  Nobody could do it, but that good fellow" (pointing to Captain Wentworth.)  "The Laconia had come into Plymouth the week before; no danger of her being sent to sea again.  He stood his chance for the rest; wrote up for leave of absence, but without waiting the return, travelled night and day till he got to Portsmouth, rowed off to the Grappler that instant, and never left the poor fellow for a week. That's what he did, and nobody else could have saved poor James. You may think, Miss Elliot, whether he is dear to us!"






Matcha & Pistachio Panna Cotta

Ingredients  for 4 

250g cream
200g coconut milk
35 g dark brown sugar
1.5 g Matcha powder (Green tea powder)
5 sheets of gelatine
2 tbsp ground pistachio

Directions:

1)      Soak gelatine sheets in cold water .


2)      Bring it to the boil , cream, coconut milk & sugar in a sauce pan on medium heat. Remove from heat . Add in gelatine & stir well.


3)      Dissolve Matcha (green tea) powder with 1 tbsp of cream & coconut milk mixture . Combine dissolve Matcha into the cream mixture & stir till well combined . Pour in ramekins or glasses & chilled for at least 8 hours.  Topped with ground pistachio just before served.





 Small Small Baker/Aspiring Baker

Submitting this post to  Aspiring Bakers (October 2012) event hosted this month by  Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House with the theme Jellies & Puddings .







29 comments:

  1. Hi Kit,
    This is a simple but really nice pudding.
    Love your pictures, is the flower in your picture from your garden too? :)
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mui-mui for your kind words . No , these Dahlias are not from garden but someone gave it to me . They looks lovely aren't they? I LOVE them & planning to plant this variety next year ! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kit,
      Yes, the Dahlias is really lovely.
      I think these are a different type form what have in Malaysia. The ones we have here the petals are bigger.
      Have a great week ahead:)
      mui..^^

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious Kit, coconut milk and greet tea sounds great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! coconut? give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kit, this is definitely my cup of tea, I like green tea dessert & also panna cotta & now you combine 2 into 1, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab clicks!! This is one of the best Italian desserts I find and so neatly done with creativity imbibed. :)

    Ongoing Event: Cooking Made Easy With Cheese/Paneer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kit this look just lovely I love it!! so much!
    I try to find here matcha powder but dont find:( I have to go to special store I think, always loved the color of matcha powder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never stress enough that you really are talented, not only at making cakes and dessert but very much on the presentation too. This is very original!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful, Kit! A cookbook wholly on Panna Cotta? How cool! Love the flavour combo! We can easily get super fresh coconut milk here, on the spot-fresh!, that I have sort of taken it for granted!
    The flowers look like a pink porcupine, not that I have seen a pink porcupine before, hehehe! But is very pretty and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kit , that is one fantastic combo ! I'm sure the flavor taste as good as it looks !

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful dessert. I must admit that I've never tried pannacotta but it always looks so pretty. The texture of yours looks beautiful.

    By the way, my kitchenaid is called Bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfection! I need to make this too. Love the combo of matcha and pistachio.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks absolutely delicious! I wish I could make some too but I am without a kitchen for the next month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful dessert! Looks like something I would order at a restaurant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kit, yummylicious and refreshing dessert. The combination look great. Love the silky smooth texture.
    Very pretty flowers and the color is so lovely.

    Have a nice weekend. With hugs and lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks appealing, kit!i was just looking at jessie's choc panna cotta minutes ago ..and now looking at yours here, i'm a little curious about the texture..maybe something like a creamy jelly?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks really cute and divine..:) Lovely combination of flavours too..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, this is my first time here and I really love the look of this dessert. Very pretty, love the green tones and awesome flavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kit, I wish if i could stay near you.....awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love this panna cotta! I love matcha, but never tried it with coconut... looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely and very intriguing dessert this is, Kit! Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kit, How much is 5 sheets of gelatin in spoons. I want to give this a try. That looks amazingly beautiful. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Balvinder. I'm not used to spoon measure for gelatin or agar-agar. Sp sorry ,may be you can goggle & find out. Have a lovely day! =)

      Delete
  23. This is perfect combination..an awesome dessert. Can this beat cendol? lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. How incredibly beautiful and what lovely flavours. A gorgeous fusion dessert recipe and one that I am bookmarking!

    ReplyDelete