Saturday, November 24, 2012

Apple Walnut Mosaic Cake




This is our 12th bake at  THB ( The HomeBaker)  organized by  Joyce of Kitchen Flavours. We're currently baking from Lou Sheibert Pappas cookbook, Coffee Cakes . This recipe was selected  by  Michelle from  Piece Of Cake . For the full    recipe , do hop over to  Michelle of  Piece Of Cake  .  And for  more of this yummy bake from  all the members of The Home Baker HERE





Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
Chapter 12

They got on fast.  Anne was astonished to recognise the same hills and the same objects so soon.  Their actual speed, heightened by some dread of the conclusion, made the road appear but half as long as on the day before.  It was growing quite dusk, however, before they were in the neighbourhood of Uppercross, and there had been total silence among them for some time, Henrietta leaning back in the corner, with a shawl over her face, giving the hope of her having cried herself to sleep; when, as they were going up their last hill, Anne found herself all at once addressed by Captain Wentworth.  In a low, cautious voice, he said:  
"I have been considering what we had best do. She must not appear at first. She could not stand it.  I have been thinking whether you had not better remain in the carriage with her, while I go in and break it to Mr and Mrs Musgrove.  Do you think this is a good plan?"
She did:  he was satisfied, and said no more.  But the remembrance of the appeal remained a pleasure to her, as a proof of friendship, and of deference for her judgement, a great pleasure; and when it became a sort of parting proof, its value did not lessen.






23 comments:

  1. Hi Kit, I am so glad you enjoyed this bake. I love that you baked yours in a mini bundt pan! And it looks incredible moist and delicious (actually the dark brown sugar makes it look even more moist). Thanks for joining me for this bake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich! My family love this cake & the brown sugar does make it more moist & tasty indeed. It's always a pleasure to bake with all THB members & discover a new recipe every time! Have a nice weekend! =)

      Delete
  2. Kit,
    Your version is very festive! and delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! Ya , trying to hide my little mistake there so that it won't be so noticeable! LOL

      Delete
  3. These cute little cakes look so perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy for your kind words! Yes, I'm making this cake again for X'mas! Have a lovely weekend, Amy! =)

      Delete
  4. Hi Kit! How I wish that I've grabbed the dark brown sugar by mistake, I think it looks and tastes even better with dark brown sugar! Your cake looks very pretty and delicious with the sprinkling of "snow" over it! Hahaha! Yup, this would make one great festive cake!
    Have a great delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... trying to hide the mistake with some icing sugar there but too hitam liao! hahahahahaha Ya, it's really moist & tasty cake even though it's darken by mistake! LOL It does look festive with the SNOWY effect! hahahahaa Can't wait to see the reaction of the others! You too, have a yummy weekend, Joyce! =)

      Delete
  5. Kit , love the shape and color of your cake ! And they look delicious , too ! I think your cake is my last cake for this night .... Buuurp ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You not only tempt my pallate but also my eyes with the beautiful snaps. A nice texture as I can see that it's soft. Hmm..Joyce's version, her family thought it has got banana in it..and yours, your family thought it's choc cake..now i'm very curious about this recipe. Maybe I should give this a try and find out for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit, wow.... your cake sure look delicious and tempting. Very well baked, wish I can have 2 slices now with a cup of coffee. LOL

    Love your beautiful flowers too and elegant presentation.
    Have a nice weekend. With hugs and kisses to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these mini bundt cakes look so cute. Too pretty to be eaten.....Christmassy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These looke lovely Kit - the mini bundts are just the right size for one person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy tempting n delicious cakes,....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kit,

    When I first saw your cake picture, I wondering too why are your cakes are so dark. As described, I was trying to bake mine too into a deep brown colour but never as dark as yours...

    Dark brown sugar! Now I know why. Totally agree with you that this recipe is a great choice :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kit, your mini bundt cake looks so pretty and the dusting of icing sugar makes them perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Kit, were you using the bundt moulds that your hubby bought? Very cute shape! And, yeah, if you don't mention the cake, I would have thought the same like your son, yummy chocolate cakes, hahaha! Like the heart-shaped plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello kit, yes the spices in the cake do make it a lovely festive cake. I love the dark brown colour of your cakes, infact i wanted it to look like yours, i used regular brown sugar instead of soft brown sugar and i thought that would give me a darker brown. nevertheless, i had enjoyed baking and eating this cake. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kit, your mini bundt cakes are adorable. I'm sure you finished them all in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kit, your cakes do look very Christmasy! Love it that you baked them in mini bundt pans.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So festive, I love the mini bundt cake moldes. Perfect treat to share.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kit, your mini bundt cakes are so lovely.
    They give me the feeling that Christmas is on the way!!..
    How I wish I can join you for tea to enjoy this lovely cake!!..:p
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, Kit! What a brilliant idea to bake this cake in mini bundt pans. They look so pretty and yes, indeed they look like little chocolate cakes instead of apple mosaic cakes :)

    ReplyDelete