Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
"Oh God! her father and mother!"
"A surgeon!" said Anne.
He caught the word; it seemed to rouse him at once, and saying only-- "True, true, a surgeon this instant," was darting away, when Anne eagerly suggested--
"Captain Benwick, would not it be better for Captain Benwick? He knows where a surgeon is to be found."
Every one capable of thinking felt the advantage of the idea, and in a moment (it was all done in rapid moments) Captain Benwick had resigned the poor corpse-like figure entirely to the brother's care, and was off for the town with the utmost rapidity.
Gingerbread Mummies Cookies
Ingredients for about 20 cookies
1 orange( finely grated orange zests)
100g butter (softened & diced)
100g brown sugar
1 tsp of 4 spices ( spice for gingerbread)
1tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1 packet of M &M candies
Cookie cutters ( gingerbread man , Halloween)
For royal icing:
1 egg white
200g icing sugar
½ tsp lemon juice
1) In a saucepan, melt honey with brown sugar & butter over medium heat till sugar dissolved. Remove from heat & let to cool.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, salt & all the spices in a big bowl. Mix well.
3) Stir in egg & orange zests into honey mixture till well combined.
4) Pour in honey mixture gradually into flour mixture & stir till all fully combined into a dough.. Place in a polybag & chill for 2 hours.
5) Preheat oven to 180 °C. On a lightly floured surface knead the dough & using a lightly floured rolling pin , roll the dough to a ½ cm to 1 cm thickness . Use gingerbread man cutter or any Halloween cookie cutter to cut dough. Place them on a greased baking pan or on a baking sheets . Space them a bit so that they won’t stick together. Try to shape the arms & legs of gingerbread man to give them a funky look! LOL Bake for 15 to 20 minutes till golden brown. Let to cool on wire racks.
For Royal Icing:
6) Beat egg white & powdered sugar till thickens. Add in lemon juice & beat till soft peaks & shinny texture.
7) Spoon icing mixture in a piping bag or using a plastic bag. Cut the small corner of the bag & begin piping in zigzag way ( back & forth) topped with 2 M & M to make the eyes of the mummies.