Sunday, November 11, 2012

Praline Bundt Cake









Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 12

Anne, attending with all the strength and zeal, and thought, which instinct supplied, to Henrietta, still tried, at intervals, to suggest comfort to the others, tried to quiet Mary, to animate Charles, to assuage the feelings of Captain Wentworth.  Both seemed to look to her for directions.
"Anne, Anne," cried Charles, "What is to be done next?  What, in heaven's name, is to be done next?"
Captain Wentworth's eyes were also turned towards her.
"Had not she better be carried to the inn?  Yes, I am sure: carry her gently to the inn."
"Yes, yes, to the inn," repeated Captain Wentworth, comparatively collected, and eager to be doing something.  "I will carry her myself. Musgrove, take care of the others."


 

Praline Bundt Cake
Adapted from Southern Living

Ingredients :

1 cup of chopped pecans
½ cup of chopped praline
227g softened butter
2 cups dark brown sugar( I used 1 cup)
4 eggs
2 ½ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ baking soda
¼ salt
226g cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla extract

Praline icing:
1 cup light brown sugar
½  cup butter
¼  cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:


1)      Sift flour, baking powder & baking soda. Place  pecan on a tray with baking sheet  & bake for 180°C for 5 to 7 minutes till well toasted. Let to cool on wire rack. Reduce oven to 160°C.



2)      Beat butter & cream cheese at medium speed till creamy. Gradually add in brown sugar till well combined. Add eggs one at a time & well blended after each addition. 


3)      Fold in flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.  Beat batter at low speed till well combined after each addition. 


4)      Stir in toasted pecans & vanilla extract. Pour batter into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 160°C for 1 hour & 15 minutes till a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let to cool in wire rack. 
 

5)      For Praline icing:  In a saucepan combine sugar, butter & milk & bring to the boil over medium heat. Whisk constantly & boil for another 1 minute. Remove from heat & stir in powdered sugar & vanilla extract till smooth. Stir for about 3 to 5 minutes till mixture thickens. Pour icing immediately over cake & serve. 



I'm submitting this post to  United Bakes Of America hosted by  Cupcake Crazy Gem  & to










13 comments:

  1. You are going to LOVE your new Bundt cake pan! This trial run looks extraordinary!!! The pralines are an excellent addition~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lovely bundt cake and pan! I like baking bundt cakes too, even have a separate label under my cake recipes for it! But have not baked one in ages and thought of making one soon! The praline icing sounds delicious!
    Gorgeous flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kit,
    This is a lovely first bundt cake.
    Coming to your blog is a comfort to my eye. Looking at your lovely bakes and lovely flowers.
    I would like to try a piece of your yum yum bundt cake now..:D
    Have a beautiful week ahead..:)
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit , I'm still waiting for the annual Meyer factory sale here for my first bundt cake pan ! lol Your trial run looks fantastic ! And the flavor combo sounds heavenly :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cake looks delicious! Love pecans and pralines together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kit on your very first Bundt pan. I LOVE mine. I may even bake up your heavenly Praline Bundt Cake for Thanksgiving this year!

    Thanks for sharing...

    P.S. Bundt Cake Pan Day is November 15th in the states:)

    Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit. Now that you have a bundt pan and already baking it, I shall be looking forward to more bundt recipes from you..heehhehee yours reminded me of making use of my pan soon. You really tempt me with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kit,

    With your extensive baking experience, I have assume that you have been baking lots of bundt cakes prior to this post and have never think that this is your first :D

    Until now, I'm still not convinced that this is your first Bundt cake because you seems so experienced and baked this so well... LOL!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hubby is so sweet, still buy you little things during biz trip! This bundt cake looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kit, lovely cake. It look so moist and mouth watering. Love the praline icing. I'm sure this cake taste excellent. Wish I can have a bite now. LOL

    I like your bundt cake pan too. I haven't buy any cos it's quite expensive over here and this kind of pan usually no sales. :(

    Have a lovely week ahead, with lots of love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came from Amelia Dessert Blog!
    Your blog is fantastic and your recipes sooo yummies :D
    I invite you to visit my blog, I hope you enjoy it.
    I have a google traslator on the top on the right.
    Regards from Spain ^^
    http://janakitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delicious looking cake and so decadent with that icing! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete