Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
"Anne, Anne," cried Charles, "What is to be done next? What, in heaven's name, is to be done next?"
Captain Wentworth's eyes were also turned towards her.
"Had not she better be carried to the inn? Yes, I am sure: carry her gently to the inn."
"Yes, yes, to the inn," repeated Captain Wentworth, comparatively collected, and eager to be doing something. "I will carry her myself. Musgrove, take care of the others."
Praline Bundt Cake
Adapted from Southern Living
1 cup of chopped pecans
½ cup of chopped praline
227g softened butter
2 cups dark brown sugar( I used 1 cup)
2 ½ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ baking soda
226g cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup butter
¼ cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Sift flour, baking powder & baking soda. Place pecan on a tray with baking sheet & bake for 180°C for 5 to 7 minutes till well toasted. Let to cool on wire rack. Reduce oven to 160°C.
2) Beat butter & cream cheese at medium speed till creamy. Gradually add in brown sugar till well combined. Add eggs one at a time & well blended after each addition.
3) Fold in flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat batter at low speed till well combined after each addition.
4) Stir in toasted pecans & vanilla extract. Pour batter into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 160°C for 1 hour & 15 minutes till a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let to cool in wire rack.
5) For Praline icing: In a saucepan combine sugar, butter & milk & bring to the boil over medium heat. Whisk constantly & boil for another 1 minute. Remove from heat & stir in powdered sugar & vanilla extract till smooth. Stir for about 3 to 5 minutes till mixture thickens. Pour icing immediately over cake & serve.
I'm submitting this post to United Bakes Of America hosted by Cupcake Crazy Gem & to