Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year . May lovely moments & happy moments surround you with joy this Christmas & always .
Gingerbread Houses & gingerbread man
Gingerbread house template from Le Franco Phoney
Ingredients for 2 gingerbread houses , 2 x 20 cm round base for the house & 1 dozen of mini gingerbread man
1 orange( finely grated orange zests)
100g butter (softened & diced)
100g brown sugar
1 tsp of 4 spices ( spice for gingerbread)
1tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt
Candies / sweets/ biscuits/ cookies of your choice to decorate the house
Cardboards for the templates
For royal icing: x 2
1 egg white
200g icing sugar
½ tsp lemon juice
1) In a saucepan, melt honey with brown sugar & butter over medium heat till sugar dissolved. Remove from heat & let to cool.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, salt & all the spices in a big bowl. Mix well.
3) Stir in egg & orange zests into honey mixture till well combined.
4) Pour in honey mixture gradually into flour mixture & stir till all fully combined into a dough.. Place in a polybag & chill for 2 hours.
5) Preheat oven to 180 °C. On a lightly floured surface knead the dough & using a lightly floured rolling pin , roll the dough to a ½ cm to 1 cm thickness . Using cardboard templates to cut the shape of the house . Place dough pieces onto baking tray lined with baking paper. If dough pieces stretch during the transfer process, push them back into shape . Bake for 15 to 20 minutes till golden brown. Let to cool completely on wire racks .
For Royal Icing:
6) Beat egg white & powdered sugar till thickens. Add in lemon juice & beat till soft peaks & shinny texture.
7) Spoon icing mixture in a piping bag or using a plastic bag. Cut the small corner of the bag
8) Place round base on tray, pipe a thick line of icing along a short end of the side pieces. Press the iced piece against the edges of either the front or back pieces . Using mugs to hold in place or prop up with cans. Repeat with the other side pieces. Continue to pipe icing along the seams , inside of the house & the edges of the house .. Let to set for an hour before adding the roof pieces.
9) Pipe icing along the top edges & place the roof pieces on it. Hold the roof pieces or placing cans or mugs to hold the roof so that they don’t slide down. Pipe the top seam of the house with more icing . Let it set for few hours before decorating . Spread icing over the roof & decorate it with any candy or biscuits of your choice to make lovely design & have fun!
Calender Cakes hosted this month by Rachel of Dollybakes & co -hosted with Laura of Laura Loves Cakes . This month's theme is Go Crackers For Christmas
I've made my white chocolate & coconut truffles for the snowman
Introducing my baking buddy that encouraged me in every single project that I've made, Cooky ;) LOL
Have A Bless Christmas Everyone.