Chocolate & Orange Bûche De Noël
For orange syrup
2 orange juice
1 tbsp of Grand Marnier
1 orange zeste
140g powdered sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp water
Pinch of salt
For Crème Chantilly
50 ml liquid cream
35g powdered sugar
For Chocolate ganache
150 ml liquid cream
150g dark chocolate
1) For orange syrup : In a saucepan add water, orange & sugar & bring to a boil for 10 mins on low heat . Remove from heat & add in 1 tbsp Grand Marnier & let to cool.
2) For cake : Preheat oven to 180°C & grease baking tray.
3) Separate egg white & yolks . Beat yolks with sugar till creamy . Add in 2 tbsp of water & stir fold in flour , baking powder , orange zeste with cocoa powder till well combined.
4) Beat egg white with pinch of salt till stiff peaks . Gradually fold in egg white into chocolate mixture till well combined . Spread on baking tray & bake for 10 to 15 mins.
5) Place a slightly damp clean tea towel over the cake & roll up the roll. Leave to cool for awhile in the tea towel. Let to cool completely about an hour .
6) Whisk liquid cream till soft peaks & add in powdered sugar. Beat till all combined.
7) For chocolate ganache :In a saucepan bring to a boil the liquid cream . Remove from heat & add in chocolate & butter & stir till well combined with shinny texture.
8) Unroll cake & brush orange syrup on cake . Spread crème chantilly evenly & carefully reroll cake without towel & place it on wire rake . Spread & smooth chocolate ganache over roll Refrigerate till firm for at least 1 hour. Topped with confectioner sugar , chocolate holly leaves & cranberries.
Submitting this post to Tea Time Treats blog event hosted by Karen of Lavender & Lovage & co-hosted with Kate of What Kate Baked