Monday, January 7, 2013

Dark Chocolate – Almond Cake






If you’re wondering what to bake for Valentine’s Day , this is THE cake for that special day . A decadent  chocolatey ‘fondant’ cake with coffee flavour  specially for chocolate lovers .  It tasted even better with vanilla ice-cream & drizzled with some chocolate ganache . LOL  Yes, I LOVE chocolate ganache!  Not only it’s an easy recipe but it’s SO heavenly divine !  This is our 13th  bake from Lou Siebert Pappas’s cookbook – Coffee Cakes at The Home Bakers organised by  Joyce of Kitchen Flavours . Thanks to Jocelyn of Riceball Eats who has selected this delicious recipe for us to try .  I’ve decided to baked  the full recipe of this cake & even made one small heart shape too . I've added espresso & baked for 35 mins that turned out perfect , not overly cook . I  love how easy & amazingly tasty is this soft chocolate cake .  Do give it a try & amaze your 'chérie' with this decadent cake .  For full recipe please hop over to  Jocelyn  & for more lovely bakes from all the amazing members of  THB , HERE  








 Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
Chapter 14

Elizabeth's last letter had communicated a piece of news of some interest. Mr Elliot was in Bath.  He had called in Camden Place; had called a second time, a third; had been pointedly attentive.  If Elizabeth and her father did not deceive themselves, had been taking much pains to seek the acquaintance, and proclaim the value of the connection, as he had formerly taken pains to shew neglect.  This was very wonderful if it were true; and Lady Russell was in a state of very agreeable curiosity and perplexity about Mr Elliot, already recanting the sentiment she had so lately expressed to Mary, of his being "a man whom she had no wish to see."  She had a great wish to see him.  If he really sought to reconcile himself like a dutiful branch, he must be forgiven for having dismembered himself from the paternal tree.
 




YUM


20 comments:

  1. Hi Kit, how you doin"? This cake is awesome! Love your dark chocolate cake serve with ice cream, really yummylicious. I don't mind to have 2 serving. LOL
    As usual lovely click and beautiful presentation.

    With hugs and love to you. Have a nice week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit, I would love to have this cute little heart cake to eat all myself. It looks so full of chocolate! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look lovely and sounds delicious and of course I love your plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit,
    Looks so good, with ice cream! Yes, this would be a perfect cake for Valentine! I made only half a recipe, which I regretted, and the last piece, my "cherie" beats me to it! Haha! I've enjoyed this cake too!
    Wish you a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kit, I enjoyed mine with a large scoop of ice cream as well! It was a lovely cake. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh what a wonderful cake. I love these sorts of flourless almond cakes - at least I'm assuming it's flourless. I'd better go and check the recipe out. I think CT would definitely approve if I presented him with this on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cake is always good with a scoop or three of ice cream :D Love your decadently rich chocolate cake esp that heart-shaped one !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kit! I love the heart-shape mould you have there, the cake looks really pretty and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful cake u have made, Kit!
    you managed to make me drooling at this hour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cakes with nuts, it's such a nice combination of sweet and salty. This looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kit, dont believe I've wished you Happy New Year yet. Beautiful cake, must be nice with a dollop of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks insanely good. how cute is the mould, too! hope you have a great new year x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I do love the little heart shaped cake of yours! Full recipe for me then!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Such a pleasure to pop over here to your blog and see your beautiful baking. This cook looks AMAZING! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kit, I will remember the ice-cream when I bake this cake. Sure looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kit,

    Your chocolate cake looks wonderful! I was tempted to bake the full amount of recipe but something tells me not too...

    Luckily, I didn't do it. My cake is ok but a little dry on its outside. We were super-fussy and didn't like it :(

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just for Valentine's Day?! Kit, I'd eat it every single day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year! i just baked the cake 2 days ago, it was really good, so soft and just tender. Love it very much! will be posting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I can wait till Valentine to have this scrumptious cake. I want it NOW! wwuuuhuuu

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely Post. Nice recipe too.love it..
    Maha

    ReplyDelete