Hazelnut Dacquoise With Chestnut Cream
Adapted from Régal magazine
Ingredients for 6
For chestnut cream
200g chestnut spread
1 gelatine sheet( soaked in cold water)
500 ml hot milk
200ml liquid cream
For hazelnut dacquoise
8 egg whites
100g ground hazelnut
150g icing sugar
20g ground pistachio
1) Preheat oven to 230°C Grease baking tray .
2) Whisk egg whites till soft peaks . Beat till stiff peaks & fold in flour & ground hazelnut till all combined. Spread batter evenly on baking tray about 1cm thick & bake for 5 mins. Let to cool before cutting it with round cake cutter .
3) For chestnut cream : Beat eggs & sugar till creamy. Whisk in hot milk with flour . Place it in a saucepan & bring to a boil & whisk continuously. Remove from heat & add in gelatine sheet & chestnut spread. Stir till well combined & let to cool.
4) Beat liquid cream till soft peaks & gradually fold into chestnut mixture.
5) Place a dacquoise in cake ring & spoon in chestnut cream. Smooth evenly & tooped with another precut dacquoise. Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle ground pistachio before served .
Submitting this recipe to AlphaBakes challenge hosted this month by Caroline fromCaroline Makes & co hosted with Ros @ Baking Addict of The More Occasional Baker. And the randon letter for this month is ‘ D’ .
Happy New Year