Happiness is making everyday sweeter than the day before . HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY EVERYONE !
Chocolate - Kumquat & Chili Charlotte
Inspired from Régal Magazine
Ingredients for 4
About 40 boudoirs or ladyfingers
6 kumquats+ 4 for decorate
100 ml water + 20g sugar
120g of 80% cacao dark chocolate
120g salted butter
100g powdered sugar
1 tbsp flour
1/ tsp d’espelette chili
4 mini cake moulds
For chocolate ganache
100g dark chocolate 25 g butter
1 tbsp icing sugar
1) In a sauce pan combine all kumquats, water with 20g sugar & bring to a boil for 12 mins . Stir occasionally to dissolve all the sugar . Let to cool . Remove from syrup & set aside 4 kumquats & chopped or mince the rest of the kumquat into small pieces.
2) Preheat oven to 180°C & grease cake moulds. Melt chocolate & butter on double boiler or bain-marie till smooth texture . Add in powdered sugar & stir in gradually eggs on at a time . Stir or mix well fir each addition .
3) Fold in flour , d’espelette chilli & minced kumquats. Mix well till all combined . Pour ¾ batter in individual moulds & bake for 20 mins . Let to cool before removing from moulds.
4) For chocolate ganache : Melt chocolate pieces with butter . Stir in icing sugar till smooth .
5) Trim off one side of each band of ladyfingers to make them exactly the same highs & also to give a straight bottom edge . Dip the backs of the ladyfingers/ boudoirs with kumquat syrup. Assemble ladyfingers around the cake & tight it with raffia string . Make sure that it’s well tight. Pour in chocolate ganache to the top of ladyfingers & spread evenly . Chill charlotte for 1 hour . Before serving brush on some kumquat syrup & topped with few slices of kumquats .
Submitting this recipe to One Ingredient challenge hosted by Laura of How To Cook Good Food & co-hosting with Franglais Kitchen . This month's challenge is all about hot CHILLI .