Monday, February 11, 2013

Sesame Laughing Ball Cookies - Wakaka Cookies









Sesame Laughing Ball Cookies- Wakaka Cookies

Ingredients :

300g flour
2 tsp baking powder
50 ml water
150g caster sugar
1 ½ tbsp oil
1 egg lightly beaten
150g sesame seeds

Directions:

1)      Sift flour with baking powder & make a well.
2)      Beat egg, sugar, water & oil till sugar dissolved. Pour this mixture into the well & draw in flour & lightly pat to form a soft dough. 


3)      Cut dough in small portions & knead to form small balls. Stain some water on them & roll onto sesame seeds.
4)      Heat oil & dip in the sesame balls. Deep fry till they form cracks & till golden brown.




Wishing you all A Happy & Prosperous Chinese New Year  - Gong Xi Fatt Chai 





14 comments:

  1. Hi Kit,

    Wakaka! Your sons are so cheeky with this cookie's name... LOL! Love the smiles of these cookies :D

    I remember eating lots of these when I was living in Singapore... but as you can tell pineapple tart is still my number favourite :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit
    This used to be my favorite too....I have not had this for a long time. Seeing you made this just made my craving back again. Oh, was this called wakaka cookies too? You made this so beautifully done. Must be crsipy and crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute name! I have a feeling a deep fried sesame cookie could become a new favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name ' Wakaka!' Can see these cookies will bring lots to luck to your family with that big smiling face:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit, this is something new to me despite being a Chinese! Hehe. What a cute name too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit, what a cute name! And the cookies are deep fried, how yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wakaka cookies ? Love the cheeky name :D I can even hear the crunch when you bite those cookies over here !

    Here's wishing you and you family Kung Hei Fat Choi !!! May the Year of the Snake bring you good health , happiness and good fortune !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look perfect for Chinese New Year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kit, these look absolutely delicious! I would love to bite into one of these light airy sesame balls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely name for these cookies! Happy New Chinese Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kit,
    Wakaka cookies...what a cute and happy name for this cookies. I have not eat this cookies for year. Now looking at yours I'm tempted to have a bite..:p
    Can fly me some...lol
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello kit, i've not eaten these for quite a long time. This is the first time i hear people calling them wakaka cookies! LOL! wishing you lots of wakaka in the house ...never ending wakaka!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...these are one of my favorite CNY cookies and I've never make them before. I always think they are hard to make but your recipe is quite easy to follow. :) I think I need to start making some, even the CNY is over this year. :P

    ReplyDelete