Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dark Chocolate Crème Brûlée ( Pierre Hermé)










Chocolate Crème Brûlée ( Pierre Hermé)

Ingredients serve 4

100g of 80% cocoa dark chocolate – broke in pieces
90g powdered sugar
250 ml double cream
4 egg yolks
250ml full cream milk
4 tbsp light brown sugar ( cassonade)
4 ramekins

Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 100°C .  Beat yolks & sugar till creamy.
2) Bring to a boil double cream & milk. Add in chocolate pieces & stir well till chocolate completely melted.  Remove from heat & stir in yolk mixture till well combined . Pour in ramekins  & cook in the oven for 45 mins to 1 hour.
3)      Leave to cool before placing them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. ( I’ve chilled them for 5 hours)
4)      Sprinkle brown sugar on top of crème & use a burner to caramelize  it.






Linking this post to Tea Time Treats challenge  hosted by  Karen of Lavender And Lovage & co hosting with   Kate from  What Kate Baked . This month's theme is all about French pastries & goodies . Simplement delicieux !


15 comments:

  1. I only discovered a love of Creme Brûlée in the last few years, and for some strange reason it has never crossed my mind to combine chocolate with them - genius idea they sounds wonderful. You always have the sweetest little pots - love the spots!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks delicious. This would be a lovely dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creme brulee is one dessert I tried to stay away as much as possible because it is so sinful! I can literally feel it going straight to my waist the moment I swallowed a mouthful lol! Such sinful treat must be reserved only for very special ocassions! Beautifully done Kit, and those roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chocolate creme brulee looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very kawaii pots for your delish creme brulee! love that thick sugar crust!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit , I just bookmarked this recipe :D Will need to buy a kitchen torch first ; the last time I caramelized something using the oven it didn't turn out right lol

    I love your creme brulee , the contrast between the smooth , chocolaty custard and the caramelized sugar looks really wonderful !

    Leftover egg yolks ? Citrus curds or make some ice cream er still snowing in your side of the world ? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit! Nice one! My kids would love this... but I'm old school and stick to the original... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice! i think choc creme brulee may not be as rich or 'jelat' as the normal vanilla creme brulee..LOL! i'm just guessing.
    you can make ice cream with egg yolks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kit, this is so yum! I really have to go and buy ramekins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo sedap-li-cious brulee, Kit. I don't think one serving is enough for me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love dark chocolate...this looks absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kit, This is really yummylicious and finger licking good. I need 2 serving please. Thanks for the recipes, I love anything chocolate. YUMMY YUMMY.....
    As usual love your beautiful flowers.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me encanta …Delicioso y bien hecho…abrazos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Creme Brulee and your version looks FORMIDABLE! Thanks so much for entering into Tea Time Treats this month Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kit,
    Wonderful choco Creme brûlée in lovely pots.
    I bet this so good to indulge in: )
    mui

    ReplyDelete