Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tomato & Mozzarella Phyllo Purses








Tomato & Mozzerella Phyllo Purses
Adapted from Launa Belmondo

Ingredients serves 4

2 tomatoes
2 mozerella
4 phyllo sheets
4 slices of bread
Fresh basil leaves
1 egg yolk
Salt & pepper
Olive oil 

Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 170°C . Slice tomatoes & mozzarella but not ttoo thin . Cut  bread with a round cookie cutter . 


2)      Unroll phyllo sheet on a dry surface. Place a slice of bread onto the center of each phyllo sheet , layer it with a slice of tomato, basil & mozzarella . Sprinkle salt & pepper & a dash of olive oil. Gather the sides into a pouch & form a purse, pinching the gathered firmly with a toothpick as shown below. 


3)      Place the purse on a lined baking tray & lightly brush with egg yolk . Bake for 10 mins till golden brown & crispy . Serve with salad.







Submitting this post to  Little Thumbs Up event organized by  Zoe from Bake For Happy KidsDoreen of My Little Favorite DIY .  Doreen has chosen TOMATO as the star ingredient of this month's challenge . YUMMY




14 comments:

  1. Really yumyum!!! These purses are indeed very cute..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit , your pretty ( edible ) purses are so much cheaper compare to those Italian purse lol These tomato-mozzarella purses look simply delicious ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These phyllo purses looking really gorgeous and I bet it must be delicious and yummy too as I loves tomato and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these purses, they are healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit,
    Tomato purse..Mmmm...Can I have one please?
    I made pizza with tomato, mozzarella and basil for lunch yesterday.
    The taste is awesome so..when i saw your tomato purse I am drooling...:p

    I am glad you linked this post to LTU.
    Thanks dear : )
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! this is awesome, awesomely simple and awesomely perhaps I do have all the ingredients in my fridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This tomato purse looks very pretty indeed! Wish I can have a piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Kit! Tomato and Mozzarella are perfect match for each other! I'm having this combination for my little thumbs up entry too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool idea and they sound delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kit, your designer Italian purse look so cute and pretty. I don't mind to have one please. :)

    Excellent ideas and you fold it so nice and neat. Great combination.

    Have a nice week ahead. With love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look really yummy! I like that they are called purses, cute name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kit,those phyllo purses are so cute! I guess tomato, mozarella and Italian basil is a classic combination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. not only simple, they look cute too like money purse! wanton money purse :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Such a gorgeous creation, I wouldn't mind making some if only the cheese is not so expensive here:p

    ReplyDelete