Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jasmine Cupcakes





 I’m baking these floral scented cupcakes for Bake Along 2nd anniversary  . This event is organized by 3 talented ladies ,  Joyce of Kitchen Flavours,  Lena of Frozen Wings &  Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids .  It’s been more than a year now that I’ve joined this awesome event & baking along with these  lovely ladies &  many inspiring bloggers .  The theme for this month’s Bake Along is celebration cupcakes for Bake Along 2nd anniversary .






Jasmine Cupcakes

Ingredients for 12 cupcakes :

150g softened butter
100g sugar
10 g vanilla sugar
3 eggs
200g flour
2 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ tsp Jasmine extract

For Chantilly cream frosting:
100 ml liquid cream/ double cream
2 tbsp sugar 


Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 180°C & line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2)      Combine flour, baking powder & salt .
3)      Beat butter, vanilla sugar, sugar & eggs till creamy . Fold in flour mixture till well combined . Spoon batter into paper liners till 2/3 full . Bake 20 to 30 mins or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean . Let to cool for 5 minutes in pans then place on wire racks 2 cool completely.
4)  For Chantilly cream : Beat double cream & sugar till soft peaks & frost cupcake using a piping bag







Submitting this post to Bake Along event organized by  Joyce of Kitchen Flavours,  Lena of Frozen Wings &  Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids .  This month’s theme is celebration cupcakes for Bake Along  2nd anniversary . Happy 2nd Birthday Bake Along !




Made some donuts as requested eeehhh.... ages ago by my sons !! LOL




Chinatown Tulips from my garden



20 comments:

  1. Hi Kit,

    It has been great pleasure for me to bake-along with you for the past one year. Your bakes are always superb and delicious.

    I know that you loves flowers! These Jasmine cupcakes are very pretty and they reminds me a lot of you and your passion with flowers.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes look wonderful. I have never baked with jasmine extract before, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kit,
    Lovely, lovely cupcakes! Your little round swirls are so perfectly piped! I have never seen Jasmine extract before! Wow, now I really want to keep a look-out for it! Haha! I only have dried jasmine flowers!
    Your doughnuts looks wonderful! Best-nya with some kopi-O!
    Thank you for baking along with us, and for all your wonderful support, really appreciated!
    Enjoy your holidays and see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi KIt,
    I can smell the scent of Jasmine from my laptop screen..lol
    Hope i can have some of your lovely Jasmine scented cupcake.
    They look simple yet so pretty :)

    Oh!!! i love tulips too. This Chinatown tulips are so lovely!!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Jasmin cupcakes looks and sounds enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit, your cupcakes are so pretty and so are the tulips! And I love those donuts, wish I could have some :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! This gave me the idea to use my osmanthus tea to bake some cupcakes too:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your jasmine cupcakes look so lovely. And I'd love to have some donuts too, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also not a fan of buttercream and much prefer Creme Chantilly. Lovely cupcakes, very pretty frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kit , crème chantilly's a great alternative to buttercream frosting , much lighter and easier to make :D Lovely cupcakes you got there ! I love your beautifully-piped frosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that sounds terrific! Great job :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jasmine Extract? Totally new to me. Must be a very sweet smelling cuppies. I love it in my tea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cupcakes. love the piping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi kit, thank you for baking these lovely cupcakes for our event! I hv never come across jasmine extract here, maybe only jasmine extract for aromatherapy, not for consuming. They are very pretty cupcakes, so are your donuts! looks very inviting! thanks again and enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi kit, I love the scent of Jasmine flavour in the cakes. Your cupcakes looks very pretty with the perfect piping!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely cakes and donuts, Kit. You are such a talented baker. Have fun with your family and Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look adorables dear Kit have a lovely Moms day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. kit, u knw wat... yr donuts caught my attention instead... and eeeehhhh, i like one of them too;))

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look so delicate and beautiful! Where did you get jasmine extract from and what did you think of the flavour? I made jasmine cupcakes previously but used teabags and found the flavour very subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kit, aiyoh... so sorry I miss a few of your posting. Love this cake, the topping is so cute and look too good to be eaten. With the jasmine extract, I'm sure it smell and taste heavenly. Very pretty flowers, beside baking you're very good in gardening. :)
    Delicious donut,look so puffy.

    Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete