Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Osmanthus Cookies










Osmanthus Cookies

Ingredients:

180 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
140 g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
260 g flour
40 g cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp dried Osmanthus flowers
1 egg (egg wash)

Directions :

1)      Preheat oven to 180°C .  Sift flour, baking powder, cornstarch & salt . Line or greased baking tray / pan with parchment paper .
2)      Beat butter & icing sugar till light & fluffy . Add in egg yolk & beat till combined . Add in Osmanthus flowers & mix well .
3)      Gradually mix in flour on low speed till it forms a dough .  Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface  & roll out the dough to about ¼ , cut into desired shape with cookie cutter . Place the cut dough on baking tray .
4)      Brush egg wash to the pre-cut cookies & bake for about 15 mins or till the edges turned light brown .  Let to cool on wire rack & once cool , store in an airtight container






Linking this recipe to Tea Time Treats event hosted by   Karen of Lavender & Lovage & co hosting with  Kate of What Kate Baked  . This month’s theme is biscuits & cookies! YUM! 

16 comments:

  1. What is this? A flower I've never heard of before that you can bake with too!!! Uh oh, I'm on the look out for those flowers now! I'm just going to grab me one of those cookies to take along. They sound and look so yummy!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Kit...

    P.S. Kit are you on Twitter. I came across a lovely Jane Austen post yesterday and was going to tweet it to you. Instead, I thought I saved it but I think I must have copied over it before I pasted it, hee hee:) I so dislike when I do that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, so nice to hear from you again & dropping by here. Thank you for your kind words & for thinking of me when it comes to Jane Austen. So sweet of you & really appreciate it. Too bad I'm not on Twitter .

      Delete
  2. Hi Kit, how you doing? Very nice osmanthus cookies, looks very addictive. This one go with coffee sure very delicious.

    As usual very lovely presentation and excellent photography skill. Beautiful flowers too, always enjoyed looking st your display. :)

    Have a wonderful week ahead. With lots of love and hugs to you. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kit, I bought a few packets of osmanthus flowers during my visit to Guilin beginning of the year and have tried making the osmanthus jelly with it...they were awesome! I have to give this recipe a try too ! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies are auspicious for Chinese New Year. Love the aroma of the Osmanthus flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an unusual ingredient for a cookie! Sure looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit, your cookies looks so good and great to serve during CNY too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kit. that osmanthus jelly(gui hua gao in mandarin) used to serve to the king. I like that too! these cookies here are very special because you put the osmanthus flowwers in there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookies look very nice and lovely presentation. I'd not been able to buy Osmanthus flowers from the shops where I stay in Kuala Lumpur. Need to widen my search to other locality

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual, a LOVELY Tea Time Treats entry and such pretty photos too Kit! Thanks so much! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard or tried these type of cookies, but they sound delicious!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cookies, Kit! I have yet to try baking with osmanthus! Will have to get some of this lovely osmanthus flowers first! These cookies must be really melt-in-the mouth texture, with the cornflour and icing sugar in them! I would love to munch on some of these lovely cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kit,
    I have not tried baking with osmanthus flowers.
    Your cookies looks so inviting with that lovely flower shaped.
    I can munch non stop on this lovely cookies over tea...lol

    Wait for me..i will drop by and pick up some later..:p
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tea time nibbles , Kit ! I haven't tried osmanthus in a cookies yet but had it in one of those Chinese sweet jellies :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've hv not made anything with osmanthus flower before, not even jelly , only had osmanthus tea. Next cny, i order from you, ok? haha..

    ReplyDelete