Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Savory Mushroom Cake – Cake forestier





 


Mushroom Cake – Cake forestier
Adapted from Cakes of HACHETTE Practique cookbook

 Ingredients :
150g  butter ( room temperature)
300g sliced fresh mushrooms ( I used frozen wild mushrooms)
2 minced shallots
50 g bacon
3 eggs
 50 ml milk
200g sifted flour
10g  baking powder
 Salt & pepper

Directions: 
1)      Add mushrooms, shallots & ham in a sauce pan  & cook till all the water has evaporated to nearly dry  . Let to cool; 
2)      Beat  butter & gradually add in egg , one at a time  . Then add in milk & mix well . Fold in flour & baking powder till well combined . 
 

3)      Add  mushroom mixture into the butter batter & add salt & pepper  & stir till all incorporated  .  Pour batter mixture in a greased loaf pan & let to proof for 1 hour . 
4)      Preheat oven to 200°C  & bake the cake for 20 mins till golden brown .

 


Little Thumbs Up


Submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up event organized by Bake For Happy Kids & My Little DIY .   Joyce of Kitchen Flavours is our hosts for this month & she has selected mushroom as the main ingredient . 

10 comments:

  1. Wow never had a mushroom cake before, but it looks delicious! Very savory :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit, this is so unique! Didn't know that mushrooms can be baked in a cake. It must be delicious because I see that my favourite bacon is in there too hee...hee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kit, mushroom cake sounds interesting. Have never come across this before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to bake a savory cake, this is the 2nd time I saw one today! Maybe it's the trend now huh! Now I am curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit,
    Oh my, it has bacon in them! It is definitely my kinda savoury cake! Great usage of mushroom! Would be great with some hot soup! Yum!
    Thank you for linking to LTU!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit , as long as it's edible , right ? :D I haven't had mushroom in cakes yet but this savoury cake sounds interesting ! Any leftover ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have never made mushroom cake before, but it sure sounds nice as lunch with a simple salad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, Kit - I love this cake - it looks amazing!! I know my husband would love for me to make it with some of his foraged mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kit, very interesting recipe. But the texture look good to me. I'm sure it's very tasty to go with salad. Thanks for sharing this unique recipe. Love the beautiful flowers, nice colour too.

    Best regards. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, what a unique cake! amazed me with mushrooms in it!

    ReplyDelete