Monday, June 24, 2013

Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake With Wild Blueberry Coulis



I





Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake With Wild Blueberry Coulis
Adapted from Diana’s Dessert 

Ingredients

250g cream cheese
50g butter
100ml milk
140g fine granulated sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
60g cake flour / superfine flour
20g cornflour (cornstarch)
¼ salt
20cm spring form cake pan
Aluminum foil

Wild blueberry coulis:
300g fresh or frozen berries (of your choice)
100g light brown sugar


Directions:


1)      Line the bottom & sides of the pan cake pan with greaseproof baking paper . Line the outside of the cake pan with aluminium foil 3 to 4 times  . Melt cream cheese, butter & milk till smooth texture over double boiler . Sieve the batter & set aside to cool . 

2)      Preheat oven to 160°C . Sift cake flour & corn flour . Fold in sifted flour , egg yolks, lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture & mix well . 

3)      Beat egg whites & cream of tartar till foamy & gradually add in sugar . Whisk till SOFT peaks. 


4)      Fold in egg white mixture to cheese mixture & mix well . Pour the batter in cake pan . Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour 10 minutes till golden brown . Let the cake to cool before removing the baking paper .   




5)      For berry coulis : Add berries in a saucepan on low heat . Stir every now & then , once the fruit started to cooked , remove from heat & add in sugar .  Mix well till sugar dissolve.







Submitting this post to Bake Along Event hosted by  Joyce of Kitchen Flavours  together with Lena of Frozen Wings & Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids .





Peony from my garden


28 comments:

  1. Kit, very well done for a first attempt! And wah, your peonies are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit,

    Just one attempt and you baked this beautiful cake... Wow!

    I used the same recipe too! I must say that this recipe is great and nice that it saved me from baking more cheesecakes!!! - LOL!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! Lovely lovely table setting for tea. Love the idea of not eating the cheesecake plain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit,
    Your cheesecake looks so good with the bluberries coulis. I should have thought of eating mine with some berry sauce that is in my freezer! So forgetful of me, "lau-liao"! I thought of making this sweet version, if I can find some time.
    Gorgeous peony!
    Thank you for baking with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this recipe too but made it into zebra stripes...it's delicious! You are so good to get it right on first try! Looks wonderful with the coulis. I guess boys are not into fluffy and light cakes huh! Mine don't too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit, I love cheesecake, yours looks absolutely good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comJune 25, 2013 at 3:30 AM

    Hi Kit,
    this is so yummy....
    By the way, just to let you know that your blog is so beautiful and pleasant to the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cotton soft and smooth! A guilt-free indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many bloggers are using the same lovely cheesecake recipe from Diana, I can't remember how long I did not bake this cake again, too many new recipes to try out, hehehe..Love the addition of wild blueberries on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cheesecake looks fab especially with the berry coulis. Wow, your peonies are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing texture - I've not seen such a light and whippy cheesecake!
    Love your peony too - my favourite flower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicioso me encanta con coulis,saludos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had this before and it's really good - so light and delicious. Yours look even better than the ones they sell at the Japanese cake shop. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kit, what a beautiful yummy cheesecake you have here!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cheesecake with the blueberry coulis..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the blueberry coulis topping on your cake. Look so delicious. Like the tea setting too, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aiyoh, yoh..cheesecakes..no plans to bake any but seeing this makes me decide I must bake it again. Hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kit, was it you who I saw posting in Malaysian Gardeners? My whole family loves this cheesecake but I never bake it cos it's cheap to buy over here and we get quite a decent quality one too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cheesecake looks really cottony soft! It looks so smooth and fluffy and I bet it melts in your mouth. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish to thank your for posting this recipe. I have been so wanting to have this recipe ever since I first had it. It looks perfect and love the coulis. Bookmarked for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kit, I think your cake looks really delicious, especially with the coulis, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kit , I used this recipe as well the first time I baked my cheesecake :D Yours look wonderfully delicious with that berries coulis topping ! Of course , I had to sigh and a tad bit JEALOUS over your homegrown cherries , again lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kit, lovely cheesecake so cottony soft and the berry coulis look really good. Perfect combination. Your cherries... I love that, please throw some over. LOL
    You are very good in gardening, all your flowers look so gorgeous.

    Happy blogging and have a nice day. With hugs and lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. so glad that you tried making this cake despite its challenges..and congratulations on the successful attempt! i also think it's a great idea to have some sauce to accompany the cheesecake for those who do not like just eating light plain cheesecakes..LOL! happy to have you joining us, kit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kit!

    Not only am I wild about blueberries, but I'm am really taken a liking to Japanese Cheesecake. I'm so glad I will be able to "sample" Lena's at the Picnic Game. Yours looks heavenly! You did a wonderful job. Kudos to YOU!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    P.S. Do you know what the name of that Peony is? It's lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my who would not like this cake! And the berry coulis looks so luscious dribbling down the sides. Lovely.I have never made this type of cheesecake and I am grateful for your tips along the way.

    ReplyDelete