Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake With Wild Blueberry Coulis
Adapted from Diana’s Dessert
250g cream cheese
140g fine granulated sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
60g cake flour / superfine flour
20g cornflour (cornstarch)
20cm spring form cake pan
Wild blueberry coulis:
300g fresh or frozen berries (of your choice)
100g light brown sugar
1) Line the bottom & sides of the pan cake pan with greaseproof baking paper . Line the outside of the cake pan with aluminium foil 3 to 4 times . Melt cream cheese, butter & milk till smooth texture over double boiler . Sieve the batter & set aside to cool .
2) Preheat oven to 160°C . Sift cake flour & corn flour . Fold in sifted flour , egg yolks, lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture & mix well .
3) Beat egg whites & cream of tartar till foamy & gradually add in sugar . Whisk till SOFT peaks.
4) Fold in egg white mixture to cheese mixture & mix well . Pour the batter in cake pan . Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour 10 minutes till golden brown . Let the cake to cool before removing the baking paper .
5) For berry coulis : Add berries in a saucepan on low heat . Stir every now & then , once the fruit started to cooked , remove from heat & add in sugar . Mix well till sugar dissolve.
Submitting this post to Bake Along Event hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours together with Lena of Frozen Wings & Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids .
Peony from my garden