Mexican Coffee Bun (Rotiboy)
Adapted from Steven’s Kitchen
4 cups Bread flour
75g brown sugar
2tsp instant yeast
1 egg ( lightly beaten)
270 ml whole milk
60g softened butter
For the butter filling:
16 small pats of room temperature butter ( size of a small ice cube)
For Coffee Topping
160g icing sugar
200g softened butter
3 eggs ( lightly beaten)
2 Tbsp instant coffee dissolve with a little water ( I’ve used espresso)
200g self raising flour
1) Combine flour, brown sugar & salt in mixer with a hook pedal . Mix for few minutes & gradually add in milk & egg . Mix it up till dough for about 8 minutes . The dough should be soft & elastic texture .
2) Mix in butter for about 5 mins till well combined with soft & quite wet texture . On a floured surface , divide dough into 16 portions & shape them into balls . Place them on a baking tray & set aside for 10 mins .
3) Flatten a ball of dough with palm of your hand & add a piece of butter in the center of the dough . Gather the edge & pinch to seal . Make sure that it’s well seal or the filling will leak out during baking . Pat into shape place on a greased baking tray . Repeat the remaining portion of dough . Prove for 45 min in a warm place .
4) For coffee topping : Mix butter & sugar with a flat pedal for 5 min till soft & smooth . Add in eggs in 3 times with instant coffee & mix well . Gradually add in flour & beat till smooth , creamy texture.
5) Once bread dough rested for 45 min , add topping on top of dough using piping bag in a circular fashion . Bake for about 15 mins till golden brown in 180°C preheated oven .
Submitting this post to AlphaBakes challenge hosted by Ros @ Baking Addict of The More Than Occasional Baker & co-hosting with Caroline of Caroline Makes . This month's random letter is 'R'