Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Toasted Coconut Chocolate Cookies









Toasted Coconut Chocolate Cookies


 Ingredients :
100g softened butter
100g sugar
1 egg
200g flour
2 Tbsp cocao powder
1 pinch of salt
½  tsp baking soda
50g shaved dark chocolate ( 70% cocoa)
75g shredded coconut + 20g for coating

Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 200°C & grease baking tray . 

2)      Beat butter, egg & sugar till creamy .

3)      Fold in flour, cocoa powder, salt & baking soda till well combined .


4)  Add in shaved dark chocolate & coconut . Mix well & spoon or using an ice cream scoop to form the cookies dough & coat with shreded coconut . Place cookies dough onto the baking tray & bake for 5 to 10 min . Let to cool on wire rack .



 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

 Submitting this post to  Cook Your Books event hosted by  Joyce from Kitchen Flavours 



14 comments:

  1. What a GREAT story Kit and what delicious looking cookies too. The first thing that came to my mind when I arrived on your pages was she knew I was coming a she baked me cookies. So how cool was it to learn the book was a gift and the cookies for you and your family!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Kit. I've been meaning to ask you whether you got that link I dropped off the other day. I'm pretty sure I left it on you Mexican Bum post.

    Also, I am delighted you will be playing the picnic game again this year. I think it just may be the best EVER! Here are the available letters. H-J-K-L-N-T-U-V-X-Y and Zee Can you believe 11 left! Just pop over and let me know which letter you will be toting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Peter Rabbit and all them I love your tray and these look delicious!
    I want this tray LOL
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all Beatrix Potter tails!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit,
    Lovely cookies! Your sons have your talent in baking! I'm amazed that they could think of coating the cookies with coconut! Great job, boys!
    Thanks for linking to Cook-Your-Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit, I love the Peter rabbit tray! Sooooo cute :)
    okay, now I want to enjoy your lovely cookies with a cuppa! Yum yum...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coconut in bakes! These cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - I can't print this recipe quick enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice of your boys to bake for you these delicious cookies...mine just wish me and that's it, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clicks and the cookies sound yum! I too uploaded a cookie post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet ! They take after their mother :D The coconut coating sure is a nice touch . Two thumbs up for your boys !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Beatriz estas galletas están de lujo me encanta el coco,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kit, wow.... you must be in cloud nine. Your son bake such lovely and delicious cookies for you. It look very tempting, chocolate combine with coconut I'm sure it taste heavenly. 2 thumbs up to your boys.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yum, these look delish! you know how much I love coconut! and how sweet that your boys baked them for you! I love the beatrix potter tray too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete